<3 Season 8 Ahri The 9 Tailed Fox <3 Spirit Rushes To Victory~
Updated6 months ago
Summoner Spells Back to Top
New Runes Back to Top
Abilities Back to Top
Items Back to Top
Matchups Back to Top
- You will have to guess your hit since Akali will be stealthed but it is doable just very you will kill Akali without hitting as well.
Akali has more spell vamp and upfront damage than , consider this carefully if you plan on trading with her not near your turret in 1v1 scenarios.
Akali also has to play aggressive and bait /you into a gank from her jungler keep track of the enemy jungler if you choose to not respect Akali once she hits 6 or even before she is 6.
- Luckily as you counter Anivia's kill condition with your and movement speed from to dodge Anivia's main threat ( and ).
In short,TLDR Annie just have a faster CC and faster burst.
- takes time to kill someone require multiple abilities inputted rather than just 1 full rotation that Annie can do. The longer you are in range of Annie the more risk you have in getting one shotted with a stun combo.
Annie abilities are also "point click"
- Annie's abilities are near instant once she is in range the exception is her which travels time is factored with the distance.
- play around your jungler, even though you may beat/kill Annie easily hitting a due to your superior wave clear/mobility/range she can easily set up a kill on you as with the help of her jungler (instant CC).
Allow for your jungler to gank Annie and snowball of 1-2 kill.
- can also roam way faster than Annie unless Annie has , if you want to avoid losing the lane instantly dying 1 v 1 or 1 v 2 -> play to roam and snowball your ADC, Top, or JG and let them shut down Annie. (Much easier for them)
Annie Snowball-> One Shots Nonstop
- It is very common for Annie if she is even/ahead she will one shot anyone in most cases
- Prevent this by pinging the map if she goes MIA (ping the side as well if you can accurately guess between top or bot (where she will roam))
- Play aggressively with available and force Annie to use on you to get off her(Annie) burning that CD can open up for your team to do quite a lot since Annie lost a major ability (her ultimate). Which is also what one shots people.
- Even with Karma has an innate amount of base movement speed, combine with her you will not catch a Karma easily or hit all your damaging abilities consistently.
- play aggressive as when Karma's and is on cool down, Karma tends to use her abilities to farm/push out the wave without risking getting caught.
An advance Karma tactic is to save until or anyone plays aggressive/positions forward towards her. Be aware of this and adjust your play pattern/skill shot accordingly to account for the huge bonus movement speed she will gain if you go on Karma with her available.
- the hit box is also rather generous so that even as when you use your minions you can get caught as Karma throws her Q to wave clear
- if you choose to not play near minions she can easily hit + or speed herself up with and full combo you with as well, and most likely kill you if you get rooted early in the game.
Kassadin reduces a lot of 's damage, however Kassadin is a melee and is more susceptible to damage in general.
- Kassadin takes a lot more auto attack damage as well especially before he htis level 6 abuse his melee range when posible without getting outraded/ganked by enemy jungler.
's silence doesn't really affect since she has 3 cast of and gains immediate movement speed from using (on cast instantly gains movement speed).
- however Kassadin gains a Magic Damge shield be aware of this, you can time your abilities to not damage the shield easily as
- the ability is point click and chunks for quite an amount avoid eating too much early game/laning phase when trading versus . Kassadin tends to use to CS so punish him for doing so (he is melee versus mobile ranged).
- this ability also gives Kassadin mana on hit but it is a melee attack buff which can deal with easily with her mobility
- if Kassadin wants mana from minion using this ability try and punish him in doing so.
- this slow ability can get you kill because the slow sets up Kassadin to hit every other ability and usually another
- Kassadin main trading pattern post 6 is to use -> ->->auto->. Understand this and punish Kassadin if he tries this combo on you.
- when Kassadin engages you can turn as with your and/or hitting if he tries to bully you past his minions.
- Kassadin early game is very punishable, when playing as long as the lane doesn't go too even and you have jungle pressure when needed your range and mobility out shines Kassadin until he hits level 16 for every 2 seconds.
- Katarina daggers if Kat can touch them are almost instant - > the moment you are in range of Kat triggering the dagger you are going to get damaged
- These passive daggers are also Kat's main damage source for teamfights since it is an AOE ability and instant
Kat can also set up with her passive blade on the ground at a fixed distance from whoever she initially casted it on and combo you quick as well before you can react
- It is best to secure a lead early when playing into Katarina, so she cannot afford to abuse her passive/trading patterns since she doesn't do enough damage or you do too much damage
Junglers can easily punish a Kat if she overextends; consider playing around your jungler as well to secure a lead otherwise rely on for outplays.
- Kat tends to get poked a lot as well until level 3 / level 6 (her power spike) if you can get her low enough before her crucial level spikes you can secure an early 1 v 1 kill or deny a lot of CS
- as mentioned above pay attention to the dagger left by Q (Passive dagger)
- Instant damage to you + if she is going for a dagger you take the passive's dagger damage as well
- Be careful about missing skill shots if Kat goes in using E
Also note Kat can all in you if you miss/use too much abilities without threatening her ( No available = your in for a lot of trouble)
However, Kat's ultimate (R) damage ticks very fast and if you are the only target in range (it hits/tries to hit 3 champions each spin) she will usually get off enough damage to try and kill you even if you cancel . Keep that in mind and you should be fine.
- Wave clear is a huge issue for LeBlanc
- 's mobility can be problematic for LeBlanc since she is skill shot reliant to set up kills to snowball a lead. [ needs to hit early on the game/when LB doesn't have much items].
- LeBlanc has to get in face (usually past minions) of an so being available is great for you to use to focus on clearing the wave and forcing LB to use her abilities to wave clear.
- Be a careful about and combinations since she generates a clone and you can miss your and die to her CC lock/fast burst.
ruins Lux time, especially on [Lux becomes a liability, since she will play aggressive if she hits it/thinks she will hit it]
With your mobility on top of a free QSS Lux will have trouble playing to just poke you down. [ hits are pretty easy]
- Note Lux wll focus her on wave clearing and will look for timings may touch her minions to dodge or CS and damage along with the minion wave.
can proc Malzahar's passive/shield easily with and , even use . This allows for threats of and heavy damage with for good trades/1 v 1 kill scenario.
-Without early game/laning Malz will lose a lot of mana using to wave clear or not reset properly. Both of which will swing the lane pressure in 's favor.
- silence hit box is a bit misleading, be aware when you are close to the skill shot a good Mal'z silence can set up for or his team to engage on / your team.
- Not only that and are AOE and have huge range/hit boxes; on top of that can slow/ slow+do more damage if your in the center.
- is slower than but the hit box is bigger and travel range is longer (a bit + it is longer because of how long it travels)
- is a stationary tool and is the best time you can out play Xerath as if you are not too low and can afford to tank ability from Xerath at least ( Xerath can also hit if you try and cancel his ; but is what they will try and hit you with first in most cases)
- As focus on wave clearing and avoiding standing near minions most of the time, Xerath can easily hit you if you try and use minions to block with his AOE abilities
At the same time you have to be ware of when not near minions; however it is a slow travel skill shot and is very mobile.
- Again, best time to shine is with her in this match up and landing ; especially when Xerath does a risky play
Xerath doesn't really offer much dueling potential it is really a poke/engage tool for grouped or roaming fights. 1 v 1 potential therefore is overall stronger.
Zed is a melee AD assassin will make him very unreliable on killing you; and if gets fed/have decent amount of item you are a big threat Zed can't really go for to assassinate and can carry team fights or force from Zed very easily.
- On top of mobility, is also a damage increase tool to extend his range or add an extra skill shot on his and ; this of course goes into his damage amplification mechanic.
The main problem will have with Zed is his base damage/early damage with no items from both sides. Zed will out damage you if you go for a full on 1 v 1 eating his damage abilities combined with
- Similar to Xerath, Zigg is tough because of the issue on wave clear.
- On top of that, Ziggs can easily clear waves with his and and even use or if the wave isn't manageable
If behind Ziggs, can make it very hard for your team to push because he can clear waves + poke and her team quite easily.
Consider relying on jungle pressure to set that up or let Ziggs push into a gank from your team since he isn't mobile.
- Overall the main issue is siege when playing versus a good Ziggs as you can't really try and engage under turret with and . Because of Ziggs' tools .
- where Zoe emerges or has to go back towards. Use and/or if needed to get in range and set up a kill.
- Watch out for because getting hit by this ability will force you to use defensively unless you have
- take note about when she can one shot waves and play around punishing her when she auto attacks for CS or use tofarm
The main upside for is her mobility in this match up Zoe is extremely immobile and if she isn't ahead she cannot hit 1 spell and one shot you [ which is a must for most cases playing Zoe aggressively/to set up a win]
Ahri Tips and Tricks: Abilities and Combos Back to Top
❤️Ahri's Abilities: Tips and Trick❤️
- Throw backward to gain movement speed walking towards somewhere (lane or roaming usually) from where you want to go. Consider doing this even in a 1 v 2 scenario or all in scenario to make sure you don't die or take too much damage.
- At max range can hit twice almost instantly; ideally you want to hit both hits very fast unless you hit when playing .
- Best ability to use for
- You can angle with high mobility from Q's movement speed bonus or using . Set up some interesting second or initial hits with this or better yet instantly hit twice with your initial cast as .
- I explained how works in the previous section (Abilities) review this.
- Use in combination from 's movement speed bonus and/or dashes to make sure the 3 hits goes onto enemy champion(s) or the target you want to get hit by all three.
- can also set up for your
- The usual trade pattern for is to ->->go forward -> and rinse and repeat or add in if you an all in at the start or in between as you wait for cool downs as .
- Straight forward 3 Dash ability with 3 homing skill shots each cast
- The damage may seem small for each cast but hit all 3 and it does a standard amount of damage for an Ultimate!
- can jump over certain walls make sure to watch the video section for how that works!
- As , it is important to note you do not need to make sure you hit all 3 hits of your aggressively. Rather focus on using offensively and passively when needed.
To emphasize on this point pay attention to 's cool downs before using your 3 times in quick succession you can control how long you want to delay each , make sure to look at the indicator for how long you have to use each time/ total time of duration after first casting it.
- No real tricks other than using Flash to get closer to try and hit the 2 hit instantly or get closer to chase and hit with 's movement speed.
- No tricks at all really just remember how W works.
- A minor trick is if your initial hit on an enemy champion won't lead to the other 2 hit is that you forward to secure the other 2 hit; this just allows for to comeback up a bit faster if you choose to all in/go for a kill chasing someone.
- The usual trick/combo is to cast first then to where you want to hit max range. [Extend range mecahnic; think of 's -> combo but long ranged for 's -> combo].
- The real only trick using combine with is to extend the 3 homing hits each cast similar to how works.
->->Exactly in range of a regular hit box range and the fire will actually hit the target. [Again think of this as an range extension mechanic using ]
- Video hopefully clears this up.
Ahri Laning Phase Back to Top
❤️ Passive Laning Phase ❤️
Passive lane play-style is something many players do not often go to. This is because individual players feel the need to carry in the role they are playing. [Even support]
- Focus on wave clearing; there should be no issue for to wave clear unless you get out ranged or isn't available.
Unless your jungler/support/top/even ADC is there you do not need to risk putting on cool down it will open up 1 v 1 scenarios that you do not want or an easy gank for the enemy team.
- should be avoided to use for clearing minion(s); it will take a toll on your mana almost as much as . These abilities are single target in a sense for W's case and is not worth the mana.
At most consider using W or E to secure a last hit you can't get under your turret.
- helps strengthen 's passive play style in that you do not need to worry much so long as this ability is up unless you get CC lock or instantly bursted and die to DOT effects.
This ability has 3 cast and can go over walls.
- Rotating instead of focusing on your lane only rotate to your jungler/top/and most commonly bot lane when you have available or if you have available.
Think about your vision and enemy vision as well before going for these roams.
❤️ Aggressive Laning Phase ❤️
Aggressive Lane Style is the go to for a huge majority of the league player base when playing mid or in general. You would not even consider not trying to 1 v 1 whenever you see an opening because of how flexible can be. I recommend mixing aggressive and passive play styles and adjust accordingly. [ Go over both styles and adjust what needs to be done given the situation/scenario your game is going]
i.e: match ups, counter-picks, your team is behind, and etc.
- : control your Q timing/cast time to match when your opponents go for CS you can hit 1 or 2 hits from 1 as well as doing damage to minions.
- can also be used for the movement speed to juke skill shots or get close to your enemy mid laner to set up for a or get them to not focus their efforts/abilities in CSing near turret so you can push the wave in.
This method can also set up ganks by faking/baiting your enemy mid laner to think you are 1 damage threat short ( is also a major damage tool because of its true damage functionality)
- : as you use to step forward/backward consider using aggressively to hit 1-2 hits on the enemy mid laner to get a decent amount of extra poke.
- is definitely an aggressive tool has to her disposal. If you see an opening for whatever reason(s) go for a charm and follow up with abilities that can hit but avoid turret damage. [ Even 1-2 hit only is fine to threaten your enemy mid laner HP bar]
- When your enemy mid laner is low enough and is not too close/hugging their turret you can set up for an aggressive solo play using at your disposal. [50~65% HP is a good time to try and play for a solo kill usually in laning phase]
Do not tunnel on the HP % as that can be an indicator for the enemy team to try and gank you since you know you can one shot someone. [Keep in mind ganks in the back of your head or ward beforehand/after you see they are low enough for you to go for a most likely solo kill success]
Instead of going for solo kills you an also play to chunk their HP even lower when playing . Forcing them to be extremely careful about CSing or forcing the enemy mid laner to recall.
- Rotating instead of focusing on your lane only rotate to your jungler/top/and most commonly bot lane when you have available or if you have available.
Think about your vision and enemy vision as well before going for these roams.
This is from the passive play style section but you can incorporate this into an aggressive style to set up more kills for you or more kills/gold for your team to catch up with you or snowball their lead.
Ahri Mid Game Back to Top
❤️ Mid Game: Ahri ❤️
The gist of playing/doing well in mid game is rotation, picks, and securing objectives by zoning/initiating.
- is very mobile thanks to her and to pull off easily roams; however be aware of champions who are more mobile than her
- Consider using to get over walls to go around enemy vision control (behind drag/baron pit most notably)
- The goal of rotation overall is to set up a numbers advantage for your team and whoever with the lead or even with the lower number advantage can dish out damage immediately to get multiple or one person very low.
Depending on HP bars and cool downs available this is where rotating properly matters
Generally you don't need to worry much if has the numbers advantage due to her mobility and very lethal ability. Combine with , has no issue with setting up an aggressive play with her team behind her back.
However if your setting up a rotation when /team is behind then it will require mechanical out play but it is possible. [Usually reliant on how well the ADC is doing due to their constant/consistent damage threat].
- can do a generic tricks jungler do a lot -> standing in a brush/unwarded area and picking someone off. Use usually to start following up with and [if your by yourself or need the extra damage R offers].
- When going for picks account for Tenacity/CC resistance since duration can be decreased however the pace of how someone moves when Charmed by is the same.
- Lastly, another common pick play is when an enemy squishy is rotating and you go chase them down/pick them out (kill or burn summoner spells) with in most cases.
- may not be the best zoning champion when compare to . However still can play to zone using her mobility and threat from her kit. [ and ]
- You can position yourself at a point of the map/area to make enemies hesitate when walking towards you to contest dragon/baron; even structures.
By having available you can easily keep up a constant threat presence on enemies without or tanky/with tenacity.
Doing this at dragon/baron is very useful because it makes the enemy team struggle to get vision unless you/your team swept it beforehand.
Hitting a can lead your team follow up easily ; or even solo killing a target in front of the entire enemy team, depending on who got caught.
The damage is very respectable since even tanks take damage from True Damage.
Lastly, you always have available in case you get caught; it is much easier or the chance of burning defensively diminishes greatly if you have vision of where you are zoning.
Ahri Late Game Back to Top
❤️Late Game: Positioning/Advance Combo + More❤️
Games tend to end faster for ; however if a game goes into late game when you play consider the following.
- ADCs tend to be full item or do a lot of damage at this point
If enemy ADCs do not have hitting usually means its safe to go in and make sure your team follows/can follow up and use if needed.
- Overall; position yourself as a major threat; since you cannot play to poke like a usual mid laner late game as . Playing to poke /in the back will only hit engage supports/tanks and you want to "assassinate" a major threat on the enemy team in most cases.
is now categorize as a mage rather than a assassins; but her win condition is heavily reliant on picks and "assassinating" someone so keep that in mind; unless you want your team to struggle killing the back line (Your team can some how tank DPS until support/front line dies).
Late Game Siege Scenario
- try and make your enemies split up/deal with your split push pressure and rotate faster than them as
- If you cannot or think you can split push; then in siege scenarios as 5 or 4 with your top laner split pushing usually; focus on wave clear and saving to hit anyone so your team can kill/poke someone down and get a HP/Numbers advantage.
can also use as well in late game to set up a fight/get a fight going however account for defensive items/stats the target may have that you caught.
Playing from Behind
**- This can be mention in mid/laning phase; however I think it's best to cover it here**
- in lane, focus on farming near your turret -> avoid 1v1 you will risk getting camp because your Summoner Spells are most likely down after being put behind.
Even if is a counter pick to a match up you are playing against; you do not need to risk putting yourself even more behind and let the lane snowball out of control because of it.
- Consider playing around your jungler and vision; vision can help you catch up by allowing you to safely CS near turret or push wave out and consider roams since you are behind as .
- If you choose to incorporate a little aggression playing aggressive then do so at your own risk; vision and tracking the jungler can allow you to safely still play aggro/trade/ 1 v 1 when behind
- In mid game, being behind simply means you focus more on landing then doing damage. also should play to survive more using so more is available. Play around whoever is the strongest on your team or follow up a sick initiation by your team!
- In late game being behind comes down to your mechanics on . will be the most crucial spell if you are behind as in the late game (usual late game fights), or of course getting a pick with your team.
Tips and Tricks Video: Ahri vs 3 Challengers! Back to Top
❤️Ahri Tips and Tricks Video❤️
*Playlist in the description*
❤️Ahri Game Play Video: Versus Challengers!❤️
Notable Names/Challengers in this replay: TF Blade("Rank1" Challenger), YaThatWasaBanana(Fiona)(Challenger), Heisendong (Challenger)
Players on my team were solo players to the best of my knowledge.
- I definitely felt the pressure playing versus TF Blade's Meme Ryze as well as his premade team in a normal game with a bunch of random players on my team!
- My maybe very meh due to the poor laning phase however focus on plays and the concept of "Zoning" as whether you are behind or ahead she can control the game in these 2 way!
About the Author Back to Top
A little background about me.
I am Musics in the North American server and have been D1-Master tier since last season (7).
I have been playing league for approximately 7 years and have been diamond for 5 years. I have been coaching friends and people that request my help for free for around 3 years. I explain subjects related to League of Legends well, however I have no experience making video in general. I will try and learn how to make proper YouTube videos to make video version(s) of my guide(s) so stay tune for that!
I have been online throughout the League community vocally through many ways.
Here are some examples:
- r/ league of legends, summoner school, Zoe main, Nidalee main
- Online Tournaments [EVG, Battlefy, Invictus Gaming, ARAM tournmanets, Razer tournaments]
As of now I main Support/Jungle, but have tons of experience throughout my years playing all roles.
Here are some of my link(s) you may check out!:
YouTube (WIP) Subscribe and Like the Videos if you enjoy them!~
My Twitter Follow, Tweet Me!~
NA League Summoner Name:
TwitchTV (Laptop, Can't Stream Live GamePlay)
Change Log Back to Top
This guide was done on patch 8.2 on season 8! Expect this guide to be updated as the season continues!