Gardevoir101's Guide to Ashe
Updated1 hour ago
Summoner Spells Back to Top
New Runes Back to Top
Abilities Back to Top
Items Back to Top
Matchups Back to Top
- Most Caitlyns will use to push the harass or last hit multiple minions before they hit level 2.
- She is one of the only champions that outranges you naturally, so be careful or her ability to trade throughout the early game.
- If she tries to play aggressively when is up, use when she walks up to auto and trade, in most cases you will win because she will be forced to retreat.
- If the Caitlyn feels threatened they will skill at level 2 and then .
- When paired with a CC support such as or , expect at level 2.
- provides no real power spike as it is generally used to finish someone who is low off, so the main threat will be their jungler and/or support.
- should not be enough to dodge , however; if you cannot kill her in the duration and she lands after the stun duration ends, be prepared for you or your support to take the damage.
- Take advantage of Corki's short range and harass when possible.
- He has great all in potential with so be careful if he is paired with a CC support.
- His power spike isn't until level 4 so he does not really have any kill potential.
- Be wary of harass, otherwise he should not be able to damage you.
- At level 2 he will get which will primarily be used as an escape.
- At level 4 (sometimes 3) most will get which is only useful at close range but only takes one tick to apply the defense reductions.
- You should keep your distance at this point if against a CC support.
- If he is allowed to use without having to use to set it up you will take a lot of damage.
- This is, in my opinion, Ashe's toughest matchup.
- Never trade autos with him, he will always win if is up/going.
- Even if you are in the lead, he can still beat you in a 1v1 because he can output damage a lot faster than you can.
- You have small gaps to harass him when he is trying to catch his .
- Save for when to tries to play aggressively.
- Unless you reach level 2 before they do, do not engage in a fight unless they jungler comes to gank.
- In the scenario where they hit level 2 first, you will need to play passively and potentially be zoned until you do.
- If you both hit level 2 at the same time, he will still have the advantage because your will not be ready to use instantly.
- At level 3 he will get and will punish you if you are too far forward, if you get caught by this, you will most likely have to use a summoner spell.
- Always be ready to if need be.
- Ezreal can excel at all ranges and is hard to pin down because of .
- This matchup is all about positioning and avoiding his using minions and that makes it hard to harass because you will generally put yourself in his range to do it.
- Level 1 is your best chance to deal as much harass as possible because he will not have stacks on and he cannot escape with .
- In a prolonged engagement he will win if he hits multiple times.
- At level 2 he will get which makes it almost impossible to kill him but also gives him the potential to be aggressive depending on his support.
- will normally be gotten at level 4 but generally does not make a huge difference in fights. The best case scenario for him is to hit enemies and his support as well.
- is global and can deal a lot of burst if you are the first hit.
- will be hard to hit as is almost instant and if you do manage to hit him and he has already cast it, he will still teleport to that location.
- My recommendation is to save it for ganks and to use it after he which can result in a kill or force .
- This matchup is all about dodging his abilities because he should not be able to hit you with anything unless he lands .
- If he tries to play aggressively when the 4th bullet of is up play defensively or trade with . Your damage should exceeds his if you are full HP.
- You should not be taking any damage here but you have to be careful of , especially if it has killed minions before it lands on you.
- Attempt to harass while he is reloading.
- Here is where things get dangerous if he is paired with a CC support. It will allow him to follow up with a potential free .
- Stay out of range of the support if this is the case because the range of basically covers most of the lane.
- Be careful of his +Q+AA combo. If you are around 25% health you can expect this to happen because the 4th bullet of not only crits but has increased damage based on how much HP the target is missing.
- Watch closely for where he places , which he will normally get a level 4.
- The damage is negligible but it will mark and slow you so you can easily be snared by .
- is easily countered by . If you have it up and you are in doubt just fire it at his location.
- Like Ashe, Jhin has no mobility so will either land (or miss) or you will burn his .
- If you do not have it up and you are within its range you can either out if you are too low. If that isn't an option you will need to try and dodge it.
- The best method for dodging I find is running back and forth which will force him to guess but sometimes that isn't an option if you are being chased by others so try your best to be unpredictable.
- Keep an eye for when she uses and swaps to Fishbones. Outside of fights, this is the only way she can harass you reliably.
- If she gets a takedown on your support she can easily chase you down with and will most likely have , making it harder to escape.
- Unless she has a support with CC, you should never be in range for .
- is easily avoidable by standing behind minions.
- maker her very mobile and will heavily punish you if you get caught out of position.
- and makes it very difficult for her to kite you, so it is vital you orb walk.
- If you are caught out of position and she is able to consistently attack you, you will probably need to before becomes lethal.
- Keep an eye on your minions as a well timed can pierce through them and strike you.
- If you get any kills, beware of and use to evade if it will be lethal.
- Never attempt trading when is active.
- Like Ashe, he has no escapes and very short range when is not active so take advantage by poking and harassing.
- is not the greatest threat but can be if placed where you are forced to run through it.
- Lucian relies heavily on his abilities to deal damage and will proc after each ability for maximum damage.
- At level 2 and 3 he reaches a new power spike.
- If he reaches level 2 before you, most will in, proc , use and proc again. You need to ensure you stay a far distance back even at the cost of CS.
- Before level 6, he is capable of decent burst damage if you are caught out of position using the combo above and with he can proc 3 times.
- can be stopped with .
- If you are caught in , out. Depending on the distance he is from you, you may have to sideways instead of backwards. Remember, he can cast without interrupting .
- can easily be dodged by .
- is great for disabling the bonus MS from .
- Some will focus on leveling first for increased poke and harass.
- While standing behind minions is great for most abilities, will punish you if you do, so you will constantly have to re-position yourself based on where she is.
- To gain the extra damage from , she will attempt to lower the caster minions so that the first shot will kill the minion and then bounce to you.
- Sivir is the best wave clearer with and so you will be last hitting under the tower unless you can match her.
- I highly suggest started with in this matchup to deal with and potential a poke heavy support.
- Do not attempt to harass with as it will just give her free mana.
- Using your own slows, you should be able to prevent her from hitting you twice when she resets her basic attack with .
- While you can slow her, can counteract that especially if she is able to block .
- She is capable of huge burst damage if you get hit by twice.
- Never attempt to trade with is on you. Not only will it deal considerable damage at max stacks but she can use twice if it detonates at max stacks.
- is not much of a threat early unless you get caught out. It will also help her reach max stacks of faster and has no mana cost.
- cannot be easily dodged by but if she is able to cast it before it hits, sometimes the cast will complete.
- can be used as a defensive tool or as burst damage to finish you off. If she has on you, the perfect time to use it is at the 3rd stack as she can basic attack you immediately after using triggering .
- Twitch excels in long, drawn out fights to gain max stacks of so focus on poking and harassing him with and take advantage of his short range.
- If it is level 3 or beyond and you do not see him in lane always assume he may be using . This lasts a decent amount of time so back off if you notice him missing the his support suddenly playing aggressively while alone.
- and should not be any threat unless you are caught out.
- If you have max stacks or close to of , you may need to out but if he is close by then you will most likely still be in range.
- Poke and harass constantly as Varus only deals noticeable damage if he can stack so back off after he attacks you once.
- will be maxed last in most cases and should not pose much of a threat early unless he uses it to proc .
- is a great source of poke and can be deadly if you are hit with CC. Remember, it applies Grievous Wounds so do not use while in it!
- is very difficult to dodge and sometimes using is your only option.
- If you are hit, you can still attack and use spells such as but you will not be able to move.
- If your support is hit, you will either have to retreat so it does not spread to you or make the decision to fight.
- Remember, applies Blight.
- Always be mindful of your surrounding terrain when playing against Vayne to avoid being stunned by .
- Vayne has short range so take advantage by constantly trading but things can quickly turn if you are hit by CC and she will be able to keep up with .
- can deal considerable damage, especially if being maxed. When trading, always back out after one basic attack.
- Apart from knocking you into terrain, can be used to proc the 3rd .
- is a decent damage boost on her next basic attack so keep that in mind when trading.
- Always keep an eye out for where her are.
- You should be able to poke freely in this matchup but you need to keep your distance and ensure you do not get hit by CC.
- At level 2, she may attempt to you and follow with a basic attack. At this point, she will have 3 and can potentially root you with .
- If is activated, use to back off until its duration has expired.
FAQ Back to Top
Q: How does my passive change critical strikes, chance and damage?
- Critical strikes now critically slow, dealing triple the slow of .
- Critical strike chance works the same as before and applies additional damage to using the formula below.
- Critical strike bonus damage only applies additional damage to using the formula below.
Additional Damage = 10% + (Critical Strike Chance x (1 + Critical Strike Bonus Damage))
To use the formula add all sources of critical strike chance, then multiply it by 1 plus the amount of critical strike bonus damage which is then added to the 10% to get the final result.
The only form of critical strike damage that Ashe will use comes from the passive of , where "critical strike bonus damage is increased by 50%" (0.5 in the formula). Without the value will be 0. Below are some examples of how the formula is used:
10% + (20% x (1 + 0))
10% + (20% x 1)
10% + 20%
With this build there is a 20% chance to critically slow and deal 30% additional damage with .
10% + (40% x (1 + 0.5))
10% + (40% x 1.5)
10% + 60%
With this build there is a 40% chance to critically slow and deal 70% additional damage with .
10% + (80% x (1 + 0.5))
10% + (80% x 1.5)
10% + 120%
With this build there is a 80% chance to critically slow and deal 130% additional damage with .
Early Game Back to Top
The early game is critical to Ashe because it is very hard to catch up if you fall behind.
Once you get to lane after leashing you will find the melee minions almost all dead, I recommend using here to get all three while also hitting the ranged minions and/or enemy champions to ensure you get level 2 quickly and get some form of harassment.
If you are against a melee support with make sure you punish them if they try to last hit any minions. I recommend saving to slow them and then basic attack them down as much as possible. Against champions such as or this will hurt their level 2 engage and/or for force them to use a majority of their .
Your level 2 is weaker than most because we do not have the DPS increase that most other ADCs have. Take and use it across the enemy jungle aiming for the buff that is furthest away. Although this does not really help your own lane at all, it gives useful intel for your jungler and your mid/top lanes. In the case where the enemy gets level 2 before you do, you need to play passively.
You have no escapes apart from so make sure you have appropriate vision depending on where the lane is, most of the time this is dependant on your support. You can also use if you feel the enemy jungler is close by and you have no vision left.
At level 6, you generally will not win fights unless you have a support that has good burst damage. If you do decide to engage, make sure you have full stacks of ready and you can land reliably. If you can get your jungler to gank it should result in a kill with or a lot of burnt summoner spells. Every time you use you should aim for a takedown or burn a . Sometimes, will be taken against you and it is not worth trading for it.
Mid Game Back to Top
Continue to use to scout out the enemy jungler. You can start to aim it at Dragon/Rift Herald if you have no vision. You will also need to keep an eye out for the enemy mid laner and potentially a from the top laner if constantly pushed.
The most important thing to do if you have fallen behind is to make sure you do not keep hemorrhaging kills. While this may sound obvious, you playstyle needs to adapt to the situation so you do not end up going to lane and instantly dying. In this situation, make sure you freeze the wave (only last hit) and if your enemy has frozen the wave and going to lane means death then go into the jungle with your support.
If you are ahead and have managed to take the turret, rotate to top lane and pressure the turret there. Generally, your top laner will rotate bottom at this stage. You should also look to pressure Dragon when ahead using to scout any potential steals.
When using on other lanes I suggest to fairly close by and not attempt to cast from base or from other lanes because it is too high risk for potentially no reward. Always make sure the enemy has no vision from where you cast, if you are unsure, go further back in lane or go to an area that has recently been swept. In some cases, you will need to save it for yourself as a defensive mechanism. You will also need to continously look out for . Like , it is not worth trading your ultimate for it.
Late Game Back to Top
If you do not have a support/team that can protect you, your positioning is vital to staying alive and is key to that. I also recommend building lifesteal so you can sustain yourself in fights.
Once again, vision is key, especially against assassins. If you fear that an enemy will come from behind, make sure you have ready to scout them out. If you are being targetted, which in most cases you should be, you have to rely on your team to react to any threats as and your slows will not always be enough.
About Me Back to Top
If you would like to keep up with updates you can like me on Facebook. You can also watch me stream my ranked games on Twitch. Please give feedback or questions in the comments below. Thanks for reading and upvoting my guide, wafu!
PS: A big thank you to everyone for making this guide featured and one of the highest approved guides on all of Lolking, look forward to more updates in the future.
You can find all my guides here.