Only the Spider is Safe in her Web [IN-DEPTH] UPDATED
Summoner Spells Back to Top
New Runes Back to Top
Masteries Back to Top
Abilities Back to Top
Items Back to Top
Rush your Runic Echos and Sorcerer's Shoes in most of your games. Elise is the queen of early game pressure, and these two items provide good ganking due to their mobility and the magic penetration on your boots. After that you can start building a haunting guise and start getting the components for a Rylai's Crystal Sceptre.
Here you must choose how to flex the rest of you build. If you're an experienced Elise player, I think the above is the preferred build for the spider queen. You are a glass cannon like this, however you will always have assassination and one shot potential on the enemy's vulenerable carries. If the enemy doesn't have viable magic damage threats, don't build the Abyssal Sceptre, and vice-versa for Zhonya's Hourglass. Replace either of these with a Void Staff. In the late game, you may also choose to replace your jungle item (or another item) for a Void Staff.
Make sure to continually buy wards throughout the game for placing around objectives. Pink wards are especially valuable as they can go undetected for entire games. Oracle's Lens is great for clearing out massive areas, such as the entire baron pit and the surrounding river, but this is only worth buying later in the game - 25 minutes and onwards.
~~~~~~Boot options~~~~~~ Ionian Boots of lucidity can be a good pickup in the early game if you're looking to max out CDR as soon as possible to be always getting cocoons off. Ninja Tabi are effective vs heavy AD teams, but you're sacrificing damage for those extra tank stats. Now that the jungle item no longer provides tenacity, Mercury's Threads can be bought for that stat, and some Magic Resistance. Finally Mobis can help you put even more pressure out early game.
~~~Jungle Item Options~~~ All 3 of these items are good on Elise, however I would highly recommend maximising your early pressure with Stalker's Blade. Hit them with the smite before launching cocoon to make it infinitely easier to hit. Skirmisher's Sabre is another jungle option. When you smite an enemy, you reduce their damage dealt to you by 20%, as well as increasing your auto-attack damage onto them. This item can be good if you're constantly scrapping with the enemy jungler. Tracker's Knife is also viable for the more support-style Elise players who want to provide vision for their team, but they will be forgoing ganking prowess by not choosing Stalker's Blade.
~~Magic Resistance Options~~ Going up against double AP? Locket is VERY effective VS Double AP team compositions (such as a Lissandra top and a Le Blanc Mid). It offers an aura which provides nearby allies +20% magic resist, and an active shield for your team. It also gives you Health and CDR, which Elise craves! Abyssal Sceptre is a great item on Elise now. Combining the flat penetration from Sorcs and Guise with this item and you'll be dealing close to true damage to most squishies. The magic resist and CDR it provides are also wonderful for Elise.
~~~~~~Armour options~~~~~ Going up against full AD? Thornmail and Randuin's Omen are great versus teams relying on autoattacks (Think Yasuo-Caitlyn-Shyvana), but not quite as effective versus AD casters (pantheon). Randuins Omen is in general a great buy if you need more armour than just your frozen heart. Sunfire Cape is not an option, as the passives from Sunfire and Cinderhulk are unique, and do not stack.
Snowballing Heavily? Zhonyas provides a huge amount of AP, as well as some armour and an active effect that is very very useful on Elise if you're going in for a Spider Form Execute. Void staff is another good choice as in the late game you can shred tanks using your percentage health damage and this item. If your team is overall low on damage, you can pick up the Magus enchantment onto your Stalker's Blade.
Matchups Back to Top
This match up is rather easy.
- You can duel him through most of the early and mid game.
- Chunk him out with your ranged form before you go in for the execute, as if you don't manage to execute him, he can use his extreme built in lifesteal to gain his health back and kill you.
- Try to dodge his mini- ultimate and you should easily win any fights with him.
This is a match up that is about utilising your strong early game.
- Amumu is an easy champion to invade and kill in the early levels.
- You can instead try and have constant ganks and pressure to snowball your lanes.
- Eventually Amumu will out scale you, so you must use your power spikes to secure kills and objectives before he becomes a massive team fight threat.
- His giant size makes hitting cocoons on him a breeze.
- You can also duel him very easily at all stages of the game, but be wary at level 6, as with his ult he can have a surprising amount of burst
- You can gank better and deal more damage doing it than he does, so out-gank him.
- Be careful when contesting neutral objectives. While Elise is normally great for securing a dragon or baron, Cho'Gath's Feast-Smite combo can easily steal those buffs from right under your nose. Or from under your spider legs.
Not a common one in the jungle, but one Elise can deal with quite easily.
- Kite him until you can execute, as if you let him hook you and melee him, you can be in a lot of trouble.
- Use red buff auto attacks as well as your human form QWE to kite him in the early game until he is low enough for you to go in for the execute.
- His ganks are nothing stellar, his sustain in the jungle is very poor, and he doesn't scale well.
- You can look for an early invade at his buffs because he won't be high health in the jungle, especially in early levels.
- Out gank him and out duel him.
- Mundo is probably one of the worst gankers in the game. He has no hard CC, no gap closer, and not much damage, so expect him to hard farm for the early-mid game.
- You will have free reigns of the lane, as he can't match Elise's ganking prowess and pressure.
- He is very easy to invade His jungle sustain is very poor before level 6, and he can't escape the mobility of Elise, so look to ward his jungle camps and kill him.
- Evelynn has a similar power curve to Elise, where she is very strong early, and then tapers off the long the game continues.
- Her strength lies in her ganking however, not her dueling, so you can quite easily duel her.
- It is VERY VERY important to ward the jungle of an Evelynn, as if you see her doing Razorbeaks and moving towards Krugs, you can hover around the lane she might gank next to set up a counter gank, or just to let your lanes know who is and isn't safe.
- Look to duel her whenever you can.
- Use pink wards constantly. Encourage team mates to get them too.
- Watch out for her flank-engages in the late game.
Fiddlesticks can be a difficult match up.
- In a duel you are able to interrupt his drain with your cocoon.
- If he casts Dark Wind onto you while you're in spider form, he can wipe out all of your spiderlings while silencing you. This is a big problem.
- If you can't kill him in one rotation of your cooldowns, he will most likely just drain back up to full health as you slowly die.
- Rappelling will not cancel his drain.
- To win the match up, you have to make the most of anytime where Fiddle does not have access to his ultimate, as your ganking is much more lethal when his ultimate is down, both pre-6 and post-6.
- When Fiddle's Ultimate is up though, beware. He can easily destroy entire teams with it.
- Keep Dragon warded for the early-mid game, as with the immense healing offered by Fiddle's drain, he can easily solo it.
- If you have another AP champion on your team, and there is another AP champion on Fiddlestick's team, consider buying an .
- , and are very effective to build vs Fiddlesticks.
- Early, you should beat Fizz. You have much better ganks and much better jungle sustain.
- However, when Fizz gets his ultimate, be careful of him murdering you. He can still be a great assassin even out of the jungle. He can snowball out of control, so make sure you out-pressure him early.
- If you duel him, make sure he cannot dodge your spells with his e (always hold cocoon until he has used playful trickster).
- Try to dodge his shark hooking onto you with your Rappel.
Gragas gives Elise a really tough time.
- You can duel Gragas at most stages of the game, but beware, he usually has the tankiness and disruption to escape, or stall for one of his team mates to assist him.
- Try and kite him heavily.
- You can dodge his Q, E and R with your rappel, if you're fast enough.
- Try and outpressure him early.
Hecarim can be a difficult match up for Elise.
- Cocoon him as he charges towards you, then release your Neurotoxin and Volatile spider before jumping into spider form for the execute
- He has a surprising amount of damage, especially when he has the warrior enchantment and sheen, so don't try dueling him if you're low.
- He has decent sustain, decent ganks early, and even better ganks past level 6, however he is a very gold dependent champion. Counter jungling is very effective against Hecarim.
- Be careful for his engages in the team fight stage of the game.
- His sustain on his very first clear is not amazing, so consider shutting him down by invading him or looking to just steal his second buff.
- You can duel him easily if you are able to dodge his E-Q combo with Rappel or .
- He can put an equal amount of pressure down early game, doing great damage and having a tonne of crowd control for amazing ganks.
- He scales much better than you do. In team fights his E-Q knock up combo can hit multiple targets, and his cataclysm can trap you and your allies inside for his team to pepper with auto attacks and skill shots.
This should be quite an easy matchup for Elise.
- Another champion you can exploit the sustain of early. You can easily invade him at his buff.
- Like Hecarim, he needs gold to be effective. Look to counter jungle him when possible.
- In the early-mid game you can very, very easily duel him.
- Dodge his E with your Rappel
- In the late game, Jax CAN grow into a monster, however with a jungler's income, it's unlikely he will get there unless he snowballs out of control.
- Karthus boasts a very fast clear speed, but has poor sustain.
- Look to invade him whenever possible, you will destroy him.
- Karthus has okay ganks but will typically look to farm heavily and assist his team mates with his power ultimate, which deals damage to your entire team.
- Do not stand near the body of a dead Karthus or you will take alot of damage from him in his passive form.
- In team fights, look to hit a cocoon onto him as he tries to get into your team.
- Kayle is very easy to duel as Elise. Dodge her Q with your Rappel.
- Out pressure lanes before she gets items.
- If you hit a stun on her and have fast fingers, you should be able to get a full human form spell rotation off, switch forms and Q execute before she can cast her ultimate on herself.
- If you miss your stun, you can often bait her into ulting early by turning into spider form for the Venomous Bite execute. If she ults, use your rappel to stall out her ult, land on her, and execute her.
- She is a very gold dependent carry. Look to counter jungle her.
- She outscales you by far, but it's fairly easy to shut her down.
- He does not have amazing sustain throughout the jungle, find him and kill him.
- Spiderlings stop him gaining his isolation damage bonus onto you.
- He will eventually outscale you. Do not duel him past level 11 unless he has been set behind or you are fed.
This is one of the most even jungle match ups in the game.
- Both champions have great early game damage and transition into tanks later.
- Both are very mobile.
- He usually builds a sightstone, so smite Razorbeaks as often as possible to discover wards that he has placed.
- Both champions have good neutral objective control via an execute.
- Dodge his Q using Rappel, Flash, or turning into spiderform and turning your back on him. The spiderlings will take the hit for you!
- You can duel him 3-5, but be careful at level 6, his ultimate deals significant damage and can let him hit an easy Sonic Wave into Resonating Strike.
- In the late game you out scale him in terms of damage and utility UNLESS HE HITS A HEROIC INSEC KICK. If he hits a Q on a vulnerable ally, position yourself to hit an easy cocoon if he follows up.
- Your ganks are much more lethal early, use this time to snowball the game.
- At level 6 he gains a great ganking power spike.
- Malphite scales incredibly well with armour, so either you should be able to do amazing damage to him with your magic penetration, or he will itemize magic resistance, which is a giant win for you and your team.
- Do not group up in team fights when he has ultimate (especially if he has a yasuo on his team).
This matchup is winnable, but Maokai can pose a lot of problems.
- His ganks early are good with his crowd control, however he does not offer much damage. You should win skirmishes.
- You can duel him early, but he can shrug off quite alot of your damage and probably escape with his life.
- Maokai will become a massive team fight presence with his crowd control, tankiness and damage nullification for his team.
Master Yi is a pain.
- He will farm his jungle heavily. Ward his camps and you may be able to pick up a kill on him when he is low.
- You can interupt his Meditating heal with your Cocoon.
- Gank lanes early and snowball them before Yi can get strong, otherwise he can wreck your entire team.
- It is very hard to hit a cocoon on a Master Yi that has used highlander. He is very fast, and can also dodge them with his Q, Alpha Strike. Aim to position yourself behind a carry as he comes in to hit the Cocoon. If you hit it, he will die.
- If he manages to get ahead obtain a and a .
Nasus is easy to deal with.
- He will try and farm to increase his damage on siphoning strike for a large portion of the Early and Mid game. During this time, gank constantly.
- Ward dragon once he reaches 6 as he can solo it easily.
- In team fights shred him with your Neurotoxin and Venomous Bite, and peel him from your carries with ease with your Cocoon.
- Counter jungling is very effective as you are denying him stacks for his Q.
- The Anchor God is a crowd control machine but is incredibly vulnerable to invasion early. He has low damage and not much mobility. Make his jungle your own.
- If you rappel while his ult is locked onto you, it won't hit you.
- Another tank who doesn't do much early but will eventually out scale you. Gank lanes before he becomes powerful.
Nidalee and Elise are very similar champions in the jungle. A human form which is ranged, and a creature form that's melee. She also possesses a long range gap closer and very powerful execute. Both champions fall off towards the late game, providing some utility later through either stuns (Elise) or heals (Nidalee).
- If Nidalee hits you with a spear, retreat as she dives onto you in cougar form, and prepare your cocoon. Her execute does a ridiculous amount of damage. Try to do all you can not to get tagged with her spear.
- Beware her invade. She remains quite healthy in the jungle due to her heal, can scout with her traps, and if she finds you at low health, she can easily kill you.
- Whoever gets the jump on their opposite number should win this duel.
- You out scale Nidalee if you are able to consistently hit cocoons. She has a lot of difficulty hitting her Q onto priority targets due to its thin spell width, and relatively slow travel time when threw from max range.
- She has decent objective control. Smite wars will most likely go in her favour, as her execute will generally out-damage yours.
Nocturne is a tough opponent for Elise.
- His fear will not detach when you Rappel.
- His spell shield means that you cannot really duel him. It can also protect him from getting picked off by your team, by spell shielding your cocoon.
- You can out gank Nocturne before level 6, try and get snowballs in motion before he gains his ultimate.
- Ward Nocturne's jungle camps so you can warn team mates of which lanes he is near. You can also choose to countergank him with this information.
- In the late game he can easily become a big damage threat, try to peel him off your carries.
- Keep wards at your jungle entrances as Nunu will likely try to counter jungle you.
- Nunu has amazing neutral objective control. Don't even think about doing dragon or baron unless you know he is EXTREMELY DEAD.
- Interrupt the channel of his ultimate with your stun, Cocoon.
- He will stick with his ADC in team fights, providing an increase to their attack speed and peeling for them with his slows. Hitting a cocoon on that carry will prove difficult, but if you manage it you will win the team fight.
- Dueling him is extremely dangerous, only do it if you feel you can kill him from his current health with one spell rotation - his damage increases the lower his health is, so if you can't kill him quickly, just avoid him entirely.
- Out-ganking him is your best bet, you have better ganks due to your cc and gap closer, but be wary of his counter ganks.
- He can ignore your Cocoon using his ultimate, Ragnarok. Try and use your Rappel to wait out a portion of the effects of Ragnarok.
- Olaf outscales Elise.
- Be wary of pantheon's free crit when you are under 15% health.
- His auto attack blocking passive is not a huge deal for Elise, with most of your damage coming from spells, but it's worth keeping it in mind.
- Ward his jungle camps to warn allies about his ganks when he goes past level 6.
- His level 2-3 ganks can be lethal. 2v2ing him with other laners is also dangerous, as he can easily focus someone down with his stun.
- Poppy is a very gold dependent carry. Try and counter jungle her if possible.
- She also has poor sustain, and a pretty bad clear. Punish her by killing her early on.
- If she scales up she will completely wreck one or more of your carries in team fights.
- Try and peel her off your carries in fights. Try your hardest.
- He can easily be invaded as he does not do much damage, and can't really escape. Body block his Q if he tries to roll away from you.
- He can put out an IMMENSE amount of pressure in the early to mid game, but you offer more damage with your ganks.
- Some Rammuses like to take teleport instead of Flash or Ghost. Beware deadly Rammus TP-homeguard ganks, and make sure you punish him by invading him if he has not taken flash.
- If he is looking to initiate on your team in the late game, nail him with your cocoon as he comes him and shred him with Neurotoxin.
- Rek'Sai will try to set up a network of tunnels in her jungle and can farm it very well with alot of sustain.
- Try to destroy Rek'Sai's tunnels whenever you can, but be sure you are safe doing so - it is not worth dying to kill one.
- Rek'Sai's tremor sense is a very powerful scouting tool, and will also pick up the movements of your spiderlings.
- Dueling Rek'Sai can be dangerous. If you dodge her knockup however, you should be able to kill her in the early-mid game.
- He has rather poor sustain, so you can choose to invade him.
- Ward his jungle camps once he has his ultimate. He can gank by simply running through the lane, so knowing roughly where he is on the map is very effective.
- Pink wards are very effective versus Rengar. If you see that little exclamation mark pop above your head, drop a pink ward and hit him with a Cocoon.
- Be careful of Rengar ball delivery system when he is partnered with which can start and end a teamfight very quickly.
- This match up relies on you making the most of your early game strengths, and getting yourself or your team mates snowballing. If you go even with Sejuani, she will have a much higher game impact than you, due to her strong teamfighting based kit.
- Elise can choose to invade the jungle of a Sejuani in the early game. She usually has a predictable jungle route, beginning Gromp, then picking up Blue Buff and Red buff.
- If you do try to invade, look for the first blood rather than just counterjungling her. If she has used her only escape, Q on a camp, as you find her, you can get an easy kill. If you just for example, take her red buff away, she is not set far enough behind.
- Get your penetration items and look to force SKIRMISHES with Sejuani throughout the early-mid game. TEAMFIGHTS are likely not in your favour.
- In the late game if you see a Sejuani about to engage onto your carries, try and position yourself between her and them, and let her blow all her mounds of crowd control on you instead, then retreat with Rappel.
- Shaco can invade your buffs at level 2 easily due to his very fast kill on first jungle camp. If he gets the jump on you, he will kill you.
- Be especially way of a Shaco with ! You should not duel him!
- He can dodge your cocoon with his Q, try to use it once he has came out of stealth.
- Keep littered around the map. is very useful for detecting Shaco too.
- When Shaco uses his ultimate to clone himself, the real shaco will be the one with a buff!
- You are much more useful in teamfights later in the game if you are hitting your cocoon.
- Shyvana has a fast clear speed and alot of mobility, however she lacks crowd control needed for ganks.
- Shyvana will try and power farm her jungle and have a big impact in later team fights
- Try and ward entrances to your jungle for shyvana, as she is likely to invade you to steal camps or to duel you
- Her innate tankiness and high sustained damage means that you cannot duel a Shyvana unless you can kill her in one full spell rotation
- She may take the summoner spells . If she does, try and avoid her.
- Out gank the Shyvana early before she gets strong, to win this match up.
- Try and Dodge his channeled Decimating Smash with your Rappel, or tag him with your Cocoon to halt the giant undead beast.
- WHEN SION DIES, COCOON AND RUN! HIS PASSIVE DOES A SURPRISING AMOUNT OF DAMAGE IF YOU LET HIM POUND YOUR FRAIL SPIDER BODY.
- Ward a Sion's jungle camps once he reaches level 6, like you would do when playing vs Evelynn, Pantheon or Rengar, as he has deadly ganks that go through the lane.
- Sion will usually go full tank, so can be effective against him.
- CAUTION WHEN PLAYING AGAINST TOP LANE SION. Ward your camps early! He may try and use his passive to kill the camp and gain level 2 before teleporting to top lane. If you spot him, he is a free kill, but make sure you burst down whatever camp he is killing when he revives from his passive, as he can still end up hitting level 2, giving him a sizable advantage over your top laner, and denying you a camp.
- You can duel Skarner by kiting him hard. Do not melee him however until you are confident you can get the execute down using Venomous Bite.
- Skarner's ultimate gives him powerful ganks, but without it he does not have great ganks.
- Shred him later in the game with Neurotoxin, and peel him off of your carries with your Cocoon.
- Trundle's ganking is nothing spectacular unless he is able to trap an immobile target between his pillar and terrain. Elise has much more ganking prowess.
- If Trundle casts his ultimate, subjugate, on you in a team fight, retreat and stay in human form behind the front line until he dies or the ultimate times out, as it steals your armour and magic resist.
- Kite him in duels and beware of facechecking him. He will destroy you in a melee duel.
- works in a similar manner to in the jungle - but he is significantly worse than the Wuju swordsman.
- He will aim to power farm his jungle and split push.
- You will be able to gank lanes whenever you want, as Tryndamere does not offer much ganking pressure.
- Count to 5 after he uses his ultimate and execute him with Venomous Bite as soon as it runs out.
- If he reaches the late game, his split push will pose a powerful threat. Impact the early-mid game heavily to gain your team a lead and stop him getting to that point.
- is a very good buy against him if he does manage to get fed, and is also a great buy.
- Try and figure out which stance Udyr is maxing as early as possible. Tiger stance improves his single target damage and likely means he will be aiming to kill you over and over in your jungle. Phoenix stance provides more of a farming and pressure style.
- Udyr will most likely look to power farm his jungle in the early game to obtain his and tank items. You can use this time to gank and influence lanes before he gets to them.
- He can also invade you with ease and will most likely look to take as many of your camps as possible.
- If Udyr gets on top of you, he will probably kill you. Nail him with your Cocoon to escape. If he invades into your jungle, look for a jungle camp for you to Rappel away to.
- Do not duel Udyr. His shield prevents him dying to your burst, his stun will lock you up, and he will massively out damage you in a sustained fight.
- Udyr will pose a massive split push threat later in the game. Look to force team fights by grouping as 5 and pushing down towers.
- If you hit Vi with a cocoon as she charges up her Q, Vault Breaker, you will put it on a 3 second cooldown. Utilise this time to devour her.
- You can dodge Vi's ultimate, Assault and Battery with your Rappel.
- Elise has an easy time dueling Vi, especially if you can manage to evade her Q.
- You have better ganks early - but she gets a bonus when she gains her ultimate. Look to get lanes ahead before that point, and try to counter gank her when she has access to her ultimate.
- You can easily kite Volibear in a duel. If he tries to close the gap hold him down with your Cocoon while peppering him with your Volatile Spiderling and Neurotoxin. Move in for the execute when he is low enough.
- Beware Volibear's passive. If you do not burst him down with Venomous Bite, and he is <30% health, he will regenerate massively. He will most likely kill you if this happens.
- You have better ganks than him at all stages of the game. Abuse that.
- In team fights he will become quite tanky, but he is very easily kited. Shred him with Neurotoxin and peel him away from your carries so that he doesn't flip them back into his team.
- Warwick's ganks are some of the worst in the game until he hits level 6. Gank at will.
- Make sure to stick next to your allies in team fights. If he uses his ultimate, Infinite Duress, on an ally nail him with a Cocoon to interrupt the channel.
- If he gets ahead, advise your carries to build a . If you are full AP Elise, consider building one yourself in the late game.
- Wukong has very poor sustain in the early game. I highly recommend invading him and killing the monkey in his own jungle.
- Wukong can block your Cocoon with his W, Decoy. Try and hold your Cocoon until he is locked up by another crowd control, or his Decoy is on cooldown.
- Wukong will become a big threat in late game team fights. He outputs good damage and crowd control whilst also being very slippery due to his Decoy.
- Hold a for a team fight with Wukong and drop it when he goes in to deny him an initiation or an escape via Decoy.
- Hit him with a Cocoon during the channel of his ultimate to halt him in his tracks and reduce his combat effectiveness highly.
- Elise typically wins duels by kiting her opponent until she can lunge in for the kill. Xin Zhao makes this hard with his gap closer and single target crowd control. Hit him with a Cocoon to regain the distance while poisoning him with Neurotoxin and damaging him with a Volatile Spiderling until he is low enough that you can finally pounce with Venomous Bite for the kill.
- Xin Zhao has great ganks early - look to match his pressure in the early game.
- You will out damage Xin Zhao in team fights and provide better utility with constant Cocoon output. Do not be afraid to team fight vs him.
- Xin's ultimate can separate you from your team. If you are isolated, use rappel and wait out its duration while your team follows up, or rappel onto the enemy closest to your team in an attempt to regroup.
- Zac's strengths lie in his good crowd control, tankiness and mobility, however his damage is extremely lacking.
- Dueling Zac is a breeze - but not something he will let happen. Interrupt his E with your Cocoon to prevent Flubber leaping away from you.
- Zac can have some very interesting gank paths as his E is a very long gap closer. Ward near his raptors to prevent an unforeseen gank for your mid laner.
- Later in the game he will become close to unkillable while also locking down your entire team. Pressure early will prevent him getting to that point.
Clearing the Jungle Back to Top
How to Clear the Jungle and Spiderling Tank
Ganking Back to Top
How to Gank as the SpiderQueen
Ganking Tips and Tricks
Giving over kills?
- You can get the kill onto one of your carries, whether it be your mid lane or bottom lane.
- The lane is snowbally either way. In a matchup of, for example, Akali vs Katarina, giving a kill over to one of these champions will likely swing the matchup HEAVILY in the favour of whoever gets the kill. One successful kill onto them will likely mean they can destroy lane, and the game.
- Your laner is a little behind, and could really use the kill to catch up.
- You don't intend on ganking for that lane again for whatever reason. Set them up with an advantage, and let them press it while you apply pressure to the rest of the map (usually this is for top lane).
- Once the kill is secured by your team mate, you can heavily tax for experience and gold.
- The gank target might escape. Even if it's a kill on the enemy 5-0 Riven that will give a huge bounty gold that one of your laners desperately needs, it's still better to secure the kill than risk not getting it whatsoever.
- The support will get the kill.
- You are behind and need it to get back into the game.
- Your team mate already has kills. If there is a 3v3 in bot lane, and our ADC has already got two kills, I have no problem taking the third for myself. It's good to have gold on your carries, but it's better to have gold split between your entire team as well as on your carries.
Invasion Back to Top
Murdering the Enemy Jungler
Should I Invade? Should I not?
- Can I kill the enemy jungler? This is fairly self explanatory...
- How fast is the enemy jungler's clear? If the enemy jungler's clear is extremely fast, you might get there too late, if the enemy jungler's clear is extremely slow, you might have to camp in a bush for a few seconds before they turn up.
- Does the enemy team have wards? Is it likely they will have wards? If they see you waltz into their jungle, you're highly likely to die.
- Does the enemy jungler have much sustain? If they have low sustain, all the better. Killing a low health Wukong who is struggling to down his own red buff is much easier than walking up to a full health Warwick with a ridiculous amount of lifesteal.
- What does the 2v2 / 3v3 look like if people roam from the lanes? Can your laners even respond? Don't complain if you die because your top lane Nasus does not follow their top lane Riven.
- What summoner spells are available? Do we both have flash? Do we both have smite?
Teamfighting Back to Top
The Secret of Team Fighting as Elise
Champion Synergies Back to Top
Designing a Team Composition Around Elise
If I were to design a team comp around Elise, I would choose a team with strong solo lane bullies who can win lane and roam well. That way, Elise can pair up with these strong solo laners to force skirmishes throughout the early-mid game. You can also utilise her strong ability to tower dive to create a snowball. Now to the bottom lane. Elise goes very well with strong hyper carries as she transitions to a supportive role later in the game, as she can provide strong peel to an immobile hyper carry with her continuous stuns. This hyper carry also does a great job of filling the late game weakness of a team featuring Elise. Finally, a support who can provide high single target crowd control, and assist in peel for your hyper carry.
Why didn't you say Elise synergises well with X champion?
Why Play Elise? Back to Top
When is the best time to pick the Spider Queen?
- You want a jungler who can offer high early game pressure and dueling potential. Elise's early game is still fantastic. She can duel most champions in the game throughout the early levels, has high sustain and fantastic ganks pre level 6.
- You are building a composition around creating picks. A 2 second Cocoon stun makes it very very easily to kill isolated targets.
- You are building a "protect the AD Carry" composition. Elise provides great peel later in the game.
- Certain other meta junglers are banned, and you have a good matchup. For example, if Jarvan and Reksai are banned, and the enemy team has picked Vi, Elise can be a great pick. You could pick Lee Sin, but his matchup against Vi is not as favourable in my opinion, as she can easily interrupt his resonating strike Q, with her Q.
- You are looking to siege. Elise is one of the few ranged junglers in the game, and can help knock down towers with her team from a distance, as well as being able to hit stuns onto target for a massive amount of poke, and easily tower dive.
- You are against a jungler who is a weak duelist, or has weak sustain early. Picking Elise vs a Nautilus or Wukong means you can consistently invade onto them for kills.
- You are in ranked 5s or a competitive setting. A problem with Elise in solo queue is sometimes you can do extremely well early game, but you can't trust your team to win with the lead you have built them, and you don't do enough damage yourself to solo carry the game. Conversely, in a competitive environment, you can trust those team mates to carry you later if you provide them with a lead. Also Elise is fantastic if you're playing a lane swap meta due to the ease with which she can turret dive in the early game.
Escapes Back to Top
Who am I? Back to Top
Hey there, I'm FrozenNeon. That one dude with that one Elise guide. I play on EUW! If you have any questions to ask me, comment on the guide, on one of my Elise youtube video tutorials, or add me!
Did you enjoy this guide? Read my Rek'Sai guide.
This is kinda a long explanation of how i got into playing Elise... You have been warned.
League of Legends is my first moba (and really my first pc game I've been seriously into other than Runescape (can i trim ur armor plz)), and I started in early Season 3, when a friend of mine told me about the game and introduced me to the champion spotlights.
I downloaded the game and quickly looked up a tier list to see what champions were good and in my price range - the 450IP price range. Weighing in as an upper B tier at the time was Kayle. I spammed Kayle all the way through the road to level 30, and then in ranked. She carried me to a finish of Gold 2 in my first season of League.
Finishing in gold at season 3 meant that I unlocked Victorious Elise (and the Spider Queen herself), and i instantly fell in love. She felt so much more complex than Kayle, it felt like there were so many more options open to me. I dabbled with top and mid lane Elise, but then settled into jungling her alot. Like, a LOT. Previously I didn't know too much about jungling (yeah, it's possible to get gold with only one champion, especially if that champion can play multiple roles like Kayle can) - I knew the basics, I'd played quite a bit of Vi in the jungle, but with mixed results. From there I played and played Elise until the new season rolled around, using her frequently in solo queue whenever I couldn't get my hands on Mid lane or Top lane to play Kayle (I still felt much more confident on Kayle, so Elise was my backup). I did my placements and managed to get Platinum 5 after going 8-2.
I only started truly maining Elise when I started looking for a ranked 5s team. I looked around for a team with a mid lane slot available, but they were few and far between. Eventually found one I liked that had an opening in the Jungle position - Team Ravage. This was a team of people that had been together a long time, were predominantly from the UK, and seemed up for a laugh. Filling the jungle slot meant that I was going to pick up more junglers, and from there onward I've mainly being jungling, typically as everyone's friendly neighbourhood Spiderwoman.
I managed to play as Elise against Unicorns of Love in a Go4Lol tournament (before they qualified for the LCS), and I did really well - though I can't say the same for my team :P
In Season 4 I managed to climb to Diamond 5! And once I got there, I didn't play another game of solo queue until Season 5! Originally my goal for season 4 was to get to platinum, but i managed to do that after my placement games, so after a long solo queue hiatus, I decided to climb to diamond, and honestly, it was really easy!
I was recently awarded the great team mate ribbon, which was quite an honour!
I went 7-3 in my Season 5 solo queue placements, and managed to get the highest possible rank of Platinum 1! Team Ravage's Ranked 5's placements have gone equally well, going 4-1 and getting back into Platinum 2.
Playing in season 5, I managed to get into my diamond promo, and eventually failed it 2-3, which was quite disheartening. However, I got back into them immediately, and managed to succeed 3-1 after losing the first game! Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Thank you so much for reading my Elise guide, I hope it was useful for you, and I'll see you on the rift!
Update History and Future Content Back to Top
itemisation fixed. thoughts on runeglaive added.
itemisation changed agaaain. runeglaive is better now that W max second is the norm.
So I've been pretty busy recently - got a full time job after finishing uni, so the guide hasn't been updated in a while. Well here it is for S6! More updates to come!