- Summoner Spells
- New Runes
- Champion Matchups
- How To Win More Games
- Pros And Cons Of Fiora
- When To Play Fiora
- Introduction To Trading
- Trading As Fiora
- Team Fighting As Fiora
- Mistakes To Avoid As Fiora
- Top Lane Tricks
- How To Handle Jungle / Mid Ganks
- Game Phases
- Tricks To Use As Fiora
- Other Guides
- Thank You For Reading! Please Comment!
DIAMOND FENCING (Patch 6.00)
Summoner Spells Back to Top
New Runes Back to Top
Abilities Back to Top
Items Back to Top
Matchups Back to Top
- Save parry for his jump so he doesn't get huge damage on you
- Try to deny him from autoing freely, or he'll always be full health
- Keep in mind his passive revives him
- He is pretty good at all ins lv6, so be ready to disengage him when he ults
- Defensive items aren't a bad idea after getting an offensive item ().
- Try to avoid getting hit with all of Darius' stacks or else he gets a huge steroid.
- You can parry his Q pretty easy, and ult if you time it right.
- You are better at early trades than he is
- If he pulls you in, use your slow to escape him so he can't land his stacks
- He shouldn't really be able to kill you at any point in the game if he doesn't get fed
- Try to avoid getting hit by Garen's Q
- Don't try to poke him when his skills are up unless you have parry or Q to disengage
- You can parry his ult if you time it correctly
- Don't fight inside of his spin or you'll take a lot of damage
- You eventually out scale garen
- Try to keep Garen's passive off or he'll heal a lot
- Garen is good at lv2 cheesing
- Just try to farm until level 6
- He is really good at poking, especially early on when you lack mobility
- You can parry his ultimate. Gnar oftens uses it right after jump
- He is pretty good at running away, try to look when his jump is on cooldown
- If he overextends after lv6, you can probably just kill him off
- Consider early to catch him
- If you can parry her stun / slow, then you will have a very easy time in this lane. She will usually try to use it if you poke her so that she can retaliate
- Disengage a fight while her W is up, especially at higher levels since it can do major damage
- Dance around her with your ult + q when she ults and you can avoid most of her damage
- She sustains better than you and can push you out of lane if you take too much harass
- She is really strong after tri force, and you shouldn't engage her if your ult is down.
- Your stun counters his pretty easily
- You are better with short trades, jax is better with long ones
- Try not to go all in if he uses his ult, wait it out
- Jax is pretty good at chasing and escaping
- You guys scale equally into late game
- You can usually poke him pretty easy, but he will do more damage after lv6 with his passive
- When Jayce jumps at you with his hammer, prepare your parry for his knock back
- If you parry his knock back, you shouldn't have a hard time killing him
- Try not to take a lot of early poke damage
- At lv6 you get a huge power spike against him
- Consider early so you can catch him
- Try to keep an eye on him so he doesn't land free energy blasts on you
- You scale much better than he does
- Don't play this lane over aggressively or he'll probably poke you out of lane
- If he maxes shield, he won't have any damage
- You are stronger than him by lv3
- He has good mobility and can be hard to gank
- Go all in if he has no energy or a few of his spells are on cooldown
- He will try to disengage you with his ultimate if you go all in on him
- If he gets ahead of you, he can be a big problem
- Malphite is one of the only champs you have potential to cheese
- If he goes AP, just get AD and duel / kill him.
- Use your parry to negate his Q + E
- Try to not let his shield recharge if he stays close
- Doesn't really have kill potential on you
- See if he's ap or AD, if AP get
- Trade with him when he uses his E, or when you parry his e
- You are usually better than him at all phases of the game
- He pushes hard which makes it easier to kill him
- Deny him creeps when he pushes the wave and go all in when he's far enough out
- He is easy to bully and mess with early on
- If you can't kill him, don't push him in
- Try not to let him farm for free
- He will probably be too strong to 1v1 eventually
- Try to parry his Q
- You need to escape his wither
- He's much easier to kill if he doesn't wither you
- She can be difficult if she goes frozen fist and a tanky build, but this will make her team fighting potential weaker
- Hide behind minions to avoid spears
- Determine if shes going AP or AD
- If you have ult up, you can chase her down
- She's one of the only champs you can probably kill early game
- You poke harder than he does most of the time
- He doesn't really have any mobility and is easy to all in engage
- If you understand how to parry his E, you will have an easy time
- Get lifesteal early on so you can match his
- You do almost everything better than he does and out scale him pretty hard
- He can spam his spear throw much more often than you can parry
- Try to avoid all in fights with him early
- You can kill him pretty easy at lv6
- He scales horribly, but can carry hard early
- Farm, don't die, and you'll eventually win.
- Try to avoid his Q's when you go to trade
- He sustains better than you.
- Don't trade with him when he has fury
- You scale better than him
- He can chase pretty effectively
- Keep in mind that his ult gives him a nice amount of health
- If he wastes his skills, he's easy to kill
- Try to match his cs early and you should be able to beat him later.
- Attack her when she has cooldowns up
- Getting two doran items stops her from being able to burst you in lane
- She snowballs super hard, so try not to die
- She is really strong lv3 and will probably try to cheese you
- Her power spike is lv6 is better than yours
- When you go all in on her, make sure you have enough damage to kill her and her shield.
- If you're spells are on cooldown, a good riven will immediately go all in and try to kill you
- Try not to go for all in trades when your ult is down
- Walking towards her will usually bait her to use skills.
- He will try to farm all game, and as he levels up he gets better at it.
- Try not to get thrown into his poison and parry his throw when possible
- Since he moves a lot it's probably harder to land all of your ult
- You might want to consider if he tends to be really aggressive
- Eventually he will become really hard to kill
- Consider roaming since he's going to stay top, but be careful because he pushes really hard and you'll lose CS.
- Don't let him cheese you early or else you pretty much lose the lane
- You can sometimes use W right after poking him to suck up his retaliation
- If he lands his W on you, slow him with E or else he'll chunk you really hard
- He can dive and escape you pretty easy
- Consider strong defensive items later on vs him outside of laning phase
- It's difficult to parry Wukong unless you have fast reflexes
- His clone is pretty obvious to spot, also consider
- Don't let him poke you for free
- Fight him when his cooldowns are up
- You ult is better if you can land the attacks
- He is better at roaming than you
How To Win More Games Back to Top
Tips To Gaining Elo
- Don't play when you're tired. As much as you want to play at night, your reaction time slows down and you end up playing worse. I lose most of my games at night.
- Upgrade at lv 9. Having extra wards on the map can actually win the game. For 250g you get a sightstone that'll help you throughout the entire game.
- Watch professional players play, and steal their tricks / read guides. There's a reason why children of famous athletes oftentimes become famous athletes themselves, the influence of having a great role model. Don't "figure out" how to play league of legends by trial and error, watch how diamond players handle their business on YouTube or some other site.
- Play Character's that you're good at ranked. If you love playing Vayne, but you hardly ever win, consider playing someone else. You might have more fun with a certain champ, but it's also no fun rotting in low elo. CHECK YOUR WIN RATES.
- Try to avoid really difficult champs ranked unless you really know how to play them. I know that are really fun characters, but they are really bad for gaining elo most of the time. I have seen people maining these champs ranked with over a hundred games, and a win rate of like 45%. I sometimes dodge games just because I have one of these champs on my team. If you really want to rank up, use characters that you can win and play well with!
- Team fight and push, especially when you're ahead. I hate playing on a smurf in low elo because NO ONE GROUPS. GROUP UP AND PUSH. The easiest and fastest games you'll ever play are the ones when your team comes together to fight and push. You should only avoid grouping up if the enemy team is also grouping and is stronger than you. Don't go back to lane when you kill someone, take the tower or help someone else!
- Use pings and communicate with your team. "Darius, your laner ganked me" "Use your map idiot." Stop that nonsense and get some manners. IF YOU WANT YOUR TEAM TO PERFORM BETTER THEN USE PINGS AND COMMUNICATE. If someone is about to get ganked, if you want to get a tower, if you want a gank, if your laner is missing, just ping!!!
- Ward. Upgrade your ward item for 250g and have the equivalent of a sightstone. If your team has no ward coverage, then you can assume the game is lost / almost impossible to win. I have honestly won certain games by just warding.
- Don't blame people for your mistakes!!! EVERYONE makes mistakes! Your teams are not the reason why you are at a low elo, it's because you need to get a little better. As long as you win MOST 50%+ of your games, you will raise in the ladder. you can't win every single game, but you can win most of them.
- Don't fight, criticize, or complain about your team. Stop telling them how to play and what to build, save that for post game. Your team sucks, no one cares, and you're making them suck even more by mentioning it. I have lost so many easy games because people fail to get along with each other. DON'T GO AFK OR JUST NEVER GROUP IF YOU'RE MAD AT YOUR TEAM. YOU WILL NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN AND YOU ONLY END UP HURTING YOURSELF AND YOUR ELO.
- MUTE toxic people, and ones who make you angry. Whenever I see that I don't get along with some snarky team member, I just instantly mute them. You can't argue with someone who is muted. Press TAB and click on the mute icon by their name. Not only am I a happier player, I actually end up being a better one.
- Don't play with your friends ranked unless they are a smurf. I ONLY got to plat when I stopped playing with my friends. Playing with your friends makes the competition even more difficult. I know you love them, but they are no good for your elo, and oftentimes they are not better than an increased competition.
- Leave Ranked Games if your team seems trolly. Support and jungle who has a 30% win rate? Just leave. From what I've seen, your MMR won't actually go down and you'll only lose a few lp for leaving (unless you leave multiple games consecutively). We play to have fun, and it's no fun playing matches with trolls. Don't be tenacious, leave when it's obvious that you should and you'll never regret it.
- Don' t take league too seriously. You will most likely not be an LCS player who makes money from video games, I'm sorry, the chances are the same as playing the lottery. Play league for fun and enjoy what you do!
Pros And Cons Of Fiora Back to Top
- Really high mobility which gives you a lot of space to outplay your opponents
- You have the best parrying skill in the game that can negate just about anything if timed properly
- Very good mid to late game
- Amazing duelist that can kill kill almost anyone 1v1.
- Great at escaping ganks
- True damage!
- Your ult can burst down tanks
- Doesn't have the best early game
- People will probably try to stun lock you
- Susceptible to attack speed reduction
- High early cooldowns
- Not that much CC
- Hard to play properly
How To Compensate For Cons
- helps with avoiding stun locks.
- Cooldown reduction allows you to use spells more often
- Practice a lot and watch videos
- Champions that can shield / speed / protect you
When To Play Fiora Back to Top
Should You Always Pick Fiora?
Fiora Is More Successful When...
- You have supports / mages that can help you get into fights and survive
- Your team has someone who can engage the enemy team
Fiora Struggles When...
Introduction To Trading Back to Top
What Is Trading?
What Is The Purpose Of Trading?
What Are The Different Types Of Tradings?
Trading As Fiora Back to Top
Keep in mind that you are not an "in your face" trading champ, you can have to use mobility to get your damage off unlike a or .
- Use your Q to hit weak points and proc your passive, and then follow up with auto + E
- Look for trades when the enemy is on cooldown so you can limit counter play.
- Avoid all in trades until you get enough damage to kill someone.
- After hitting a weak point, use your W if you expect the enemy will try to use some form of CC to retaliate with (such as stun.)
- If your enemy is on cooldown, circle them and try to hit more weak points since they spawn pretty frequently.
- Don't try to hit risky weak spots because you could potentially get ganked or forced into a long trade
- If the enemy has ult and you don't, be weary for trying to trade since they might all in you.
Team Fighting As Fiora Back to Top
A Note On Team Fighting With Fiora.
- You are not good at engaging, so if possible, leave that to someone else
- Wait for the enemy to use their CC before rushing into the fight
- Parry support CC before going for an ADC
Fiora's Job In Team FIghts.
- Attack Isolated targets. If someone is away from their team, you can usually kill them before their team can react.
- Peel for your carries. You don't have a lot of CC, but you can definitely kill someone who goes for your carry.
- Burst tanks with your ult. Your ult can really smash really tanky targets, but don't focus them if your carries are in danger.
- Be the carry if your carries suck. If you are the only one doing damage, then don't bother protecting dead weight on your team.
- Bait and Parry Hard CC. If an wastes Tibbers on your parry, the fight is pretty much won.
- Landing your ult will provide a lot of health for your entire team. Even if you only land one proc of your ult on someone, the healing field will come up
What To Avoid In Team Fighting
- Don't go for targets you can't reach. It's good to burst down carries, but if you can't reach them, you'll end up getting killed for no reason. Attack people who are in your range and don't be risky.
- Don't waste parry before the fight. Your parry is one of the scariest skills in the game, so if the enemy team sees it's down, they would probably be able to land free poke or engage a team fight to their advantage. It's the same concept as pull being down. When it's down, you lose a lot of pressure
- Don't fight when your team is far away, retreating, or not paying attention. You need to be aware of where your team is and what their doing before engaging a fight
- Don't focus the wrong champs. It's true that Fiora can do a lot of true damage to a tank, but it's usually better to focus on killing someone whose going for your carries like . Saving your carries is much more important than killing a tank.
- Don't be in the front line. If someone engages on you, you will probably die.
Mistakes To Avoid As Fiora Back to Top
What To Avoid Doing
- Don't waste your parry. If an enemy sees that your parry is down, they can usually poke you much easier without immediate fear of retaliation. Your parry cooldown is also very long at lower levels making it really important to land.
- Don't stay top forever. You are really good at team fighting and pushing, so you should try to group with your team. You are no use to your team if you are constantly top lane farming. Use and roam for bot and mid every once in awhile.
- Don't be reckless with . A flash Q might kill an enemy under the tower, but it also might get you killed needlessly. If the enemy has flash, you can probably expect them to bust it if you do. Make sure there's a good chance of killing someone before using a spell. Also, if you are being ganked / killed, don't waste a spell unless you're sure that you can get away. Having your spells down means that your lane pressure goes down a lot.
- Don't encourage fights you can't win. If your team is awful at team fighting, or your enemy laner is beating you, then back off. It's pointless to keep engaging a fed when they can obviously kill you. If your team comp keeps getting wrecked, 5v5 then communicate a better strat for split pushing.
- Don't go back to base too often. I know it's nice to get a kill and want to get an item, but sometimes you'll end up losing more a lot of farm to just gain a little power spike.
- Don't underestimate a support. It's really easy to kill ADC's usually, but a support will stop you with and CC. Most 1v2s will end in failure if the support has half a brain.
Top Lane Tricks Back to Top
What To Do If You're Being Denied Cs / Have A Huge minion wave?
- Try to get the wave to the enemies tower so you don't keep losing cs / exp
- If there's a huge wave at the enemies tower, and it's possible to go kill for kill, then DO IT. You both get gold from the kill, but the enemy will lose a TON of exp / cs to the tower. DO NOT ATTEMPT IF IT'S RISKY. Champions like can bait you to dive them and get a free kill. You are very good at diving if you have jungle help.
- Don't loiter around the enemy tower unless you can 2v1 a gank or if you have decent ward coverage and CAN escape a gank.
- Keep in mind that your minions will come to your defense if someone tries to attack you making extended trades great.
- Go to your jungle and kill Grog / Golems / Snail. This lessens the blow of being denied a little bit
- Gank another lane if it's possible / push another lane to it's tower and try to take it
What To Do If The Enemy Has A Huge Minion Wave Pushing?
- Let the enemy minions kill your minions, and then keep the agro on yourself until your minions spawn again.
- Be careful engaging since all of the minions will turn and attack you
- Keep the wave by your tower so the enemy has to put himself in harms way to try and farm
- DO NOT DIE OR TRADE KILLS OR ELSE YOU WILL LOSE ALL OF THE EXP / GOLD
- Ward your top bush because an enemy jungler could be lurking there for a kill
- Ask for a gank if the enemy top is silly enough to stay around too long
- Pull the enemy into tower range so that they can't retaliate without the tower hitting them.
How To Handle Jungle / Mid Ganks Back to Top
Getting killed early can easily cost you a lane, so you need to be very careful on how to handle being ganked.
- If you like to push, consider putting a in your bush to ward away ganks
- Keep in mind where the enemy jungle starts. If his last blue / red buff ends by top lane, then it's pretty likely he'll visit you if you're pushing hard.
- Look at who the jungle is. aren't the best early gankers, and sometimes you can even kill them before a 2v1 happens depending on how low their hp is. If there's a then you need to be much more careful since these guys can do lv2 ganks after one buff. The more CC and mobility the jungle has, the scarier they are.
- Certain mid champs also like to snowball other lanes, so make sure to look mid lane every once in awhile to make sure their not roaming.
- Be much more careful if your is down since it'll be more difficult to escape ganks.
- Don't stay overextended for long periods of time. You can get away with this if the enemy jungler is not really good or if you're super ahead, but generally this is an easy way to die.
- If there's a very little chance of you escaping, don't bust or other spells needlessly.
- If you can't escape, you might as well try to kill someone or lower their hp. Focus whoever has the lower hp / easiest to kill. Don't bust unless there's a good chance to kill someone
- If you're going to die, try not to die to your laner. The more gold they have, the easier it'll be for them to get ahead of you in lane.
- If no one has damaged you, sometimes you can suicide into a tower and give no one the gold. Darius usually doesn't have the mobility for this though.
- You can camp the bushes and ambush a jungler whose trying to gank you.
- If you can't run away, run towards whoever will be easier to kill and engage them.
- If a jungler and top laner are pushing with a lot of minions, don't stay if they can kill you. It sucks to lose a lot of minions, but it sucks more to die and lose minions.
Game Phases Back to Top
Early Game (Lv 1-5)
- Watch out for champs who try to cheese lv 1-2 .
- Don't let the enemy poke you for free.
- You are pretty hard to gank at this point in the game unless the enemy has a strong early ganker.
- Try not to push too hard
- At Lv3 you get a decent power spike.
- If you are stronger than someone early on, just poke and bully them away from cs. Kill is possible
Mid Game (Lv 6-13)
- Look for all in trades where you can use your ult
- Start to group with your team to get objectives
- Use to for ganks and dragon.
- Don't be afraid to give your tower if you can help successfully gank a lane.
- Take the enemy top tower so you can assist other lanes.
- You are strong enough to duel most people if you are even in farm.
- If your laner is a lot ahead of you, try to not let them take your mid / inner turret.
Late Game (Lv14-18)
- Try not to split push if your team is grouping, even if you have teleport.
- Peel for carries in team fights
- Enter team fights when the enemy uses their CC on someone else so you don't die at the start.
- Only split push if you have good wards or else you'll die needlessly. You have good escape potential late game
- Attack isolated targets.
Tricks To Use As Fiora Back to Top
- You can use your Q to jump over walls and small obstacles. Use this to your advantage when you are trying to escape of surprise someone
- If you are overextending and someone comes to gank you, use W on whatever form of CC the jungle is going to use on you, and then use Q to dash away from them. Also try to use E to slow whoever tries to get to you. Fiora can actually escape a lot of ganks if she times her parry correctly.
- If you are getting ganked, ult whoever is closer to you and use the 30-50% movement speed bonus to escape. Combine that with your parry and it's almost impossible to gank you while your ult and W is up.
- Hit someones vital point, ult them, and then hit the same one for a double vital hit.
- When trying to escape someone, hit their vital to get a burst of movement speed.
Other Guides Back to Top
Thank You For Reading! Please Comment! Back to Top
I appreciate anyone who took the time to read my guide and I really hope it's helped someone! Leave comments to tell me how to improve or what else you want to see! Leave comments and rate me if you got time!