Season 8 - Lucian The Purifier! ღ For Cena ❥
Updated8 months ago
Summoner Spells Back to Top
New Runes Back to Top
Abilities Back to Top
Items Back to Top
Matchups Back to Top
- also offers decent DPS due to how strong he is with in terms of gold advantage -> meaning he will do more damage overall and item spike way faster(finish item(s))
This mean require way more autos and emphasizing his range of 500. ( has higher auto attack range to compensate for his lack of mobility)
This means has to put himself in 's face who has his team in front of him by a significant margin, has to flank if he wants to pull to this off
Unrealistically, you have to get through 's front line in most scenarios. While getting through 's front line he can freely hit your teammates and just save his 4th shot for you/ , if you are the slightest bit low on HP and 4th shot will melt you almost instantly at an unrealistic range.
- Chances of hitting you by "sniping" is high since only has 500 AA range he will basically be in the front line with is teammates.
- scales extremely well into mid and late game, so long as he is not too far behind he can just melt you from 600+ range(from in the mid to late game.
- best chance versus is do extremely well in laning phase. Ideally needs to have a bad support versus and has an amazing support that can work with him.
- poke during lane is very scary and easy for to get the 2nd hit off because of 's 500 auto attack range.
- best bet is to let his support engage and follow up and lock down or to just play to push the lane and avoid poking/short trades versus as much as possible
While throughout the game need multiple auto attacks with abilities + hits in general.
- can be dodged with be very careful about this when taking a heavy/risky trade where you/ will take a lot of damage from the enemy laners/minions.
- can be heavily abused during laning phase and very susceptible to ganks, abuse this heavily as . Chances are to dodge your is very unlikely as Vayne needs this ability for CSing , and playing behind near turret in most cases.
[Support Synergy/Ratings] and Enemy Support Match-Ups Back to Top
Here is a Support Tier List with Lucian specifically.
- These will be the most common supports you see in patch 7.24 (B) as well as some common off meta picks. I will not rate supports lower then B tier, since it assumes they will guarantee to make you lose the game/you feel handicapped the ENTIRE game with them.
- These supports can set up for to hit a lot of auto attacks/ very easily , while offering a form of escape (except for , and )
- offers enhanced autos and empower herself to be very tanky, allowing her to stick on targets easily for to secure kill(s)/do damage
- / offers "armor" to allowing his 500 range trading to be very lethal because he is able to face tank the enemy laner(s) more. [ Minions' damage is not affected by armor enhance ]
- offer an "escape" , emphasizing on their "escape potential" for . Ali can peel, while also being a big threat/tank for . [ Ali can purposely go in and allow to survive most likely or to set up for another gank ].
While Thresh has his lantern to help escape or follow up with his 500 auto attack range, as well as "tanking" (not as much as Ali, but Thresh has faster cool downs)
This means 's short range won't get bullied/punished as much if is aggressive enough versus ranged champions bot lane.
- are "engage supports", with Rakan being significantly less tanky due to his insane mobility. These supports are categorized in S tier because they are just not tanky enough for and have to kite a bit more, meaning can be an easy focused after their cool downs are down. [ just spam autos when his CD is down]
- These supports are very squishy, but offer a lot of damage for . However, despite their damage output they lack the ability to lock down target(s) for . [Nautilus and Tahm Kench being the exceptions]
- and are tanks in this category. The main issue is that they aren't the strongest supports to work with because of their laning phase. Tahm Kench is easy to kite and can get easily baited, while Nautilus doesn't stick on targets long without his ultimate/R meaning his early laning phase isn't dominant.
Their laning phase are very hit or miss, that inconsitency is not warranted for a lane, given his short auto attack range and has a lot of bad match ups.
- and are in this category simply because they are very squishy. This means if they get caught or the enemy jungler comes bot lane they will give a bad laning phase due to the gold advantage they often give to the enemies from their death. [ CSing/EXP can also get denied heavily, if the lane is not in favor]
-This category is a powder keg of supports.
- They are tanks, poke, and engage supports. The main issue is that all these supports do not excel with in their given category.
EX: Long cool downs (Shen's Ultimate Cool Down) [Tank Support]
EX: Bard's squishy-ness and inconsistency in hitting CC. [Engage Support]
EX: Velkoz's short range for poke, but very lethal damage if hit. He also has mana issue [ Poke Support]
- Overall, these supports heavily depend on how you play and how well/how much they know what to do as a support for .
Enemy Support Match-ups [When playing against]
Poke supports in this category can harass while CSing as well, meaning he will have low HP throughout the laning phase. [Leading him to lose or fall behind in gold/gold advantage]
- All of the heal/shield supports can offer strong poke or more mobility for the enemy ADC, which mean 's 500 range will struggle to keep up with their laning patterns - > losing lane will cause to not be as impactful.
- Transitioning to mid and late game will be an issue for when he is versus these supports. Laning may not end well, but to top it off these supports can zone or deny 's damage output very easily by either CCing him or protect target(s) he is going for.
- Overall, you will need a lot of mechanics,reflex, cool down tracking, and etc when you tackle these supports. Too much effort if I do say so myself.
- These supports can abuse 's 500 range, however can turn the tide versus these supports with available.
Of course this means without or setting up for to come back up, is very vulnerable to what these supports can do in lane,mid game, and late game.
- These supports are very skill shot oriented, so having tier 2 boots/'s movement speed buff/ will allow to have his way with them very easily.
- These supports will be in a pickle, if they cannot escape from your / + that can chunk their HP or allow to finish them off (since they have no HP left and would have other abilities up)
- These supports are very easy to play around by just side stepping or having your availabe (or soon available)
- Some of these supports are "top tier" support, but 's mobility and kiting potential versus them makes them very lack luster since they cannot lock down the ADC/. ADCs are the "best DPS" in most cases mid and late game so when playing versus these supports just make sure you can do damage without getting caught by them.
- Most of these supports laning phase are also very easy to shut down from your jungler's gank(s)/presence. Meaning can play aggro very easily depending on which team has vision control, of course your awareness factors in as well.
Tips and Tricks Back to Top
Abilities (Q,W,E,R) and Passive Tips and Tricks
Note: This mean his abilities can allow him to auto attack instantly after casting an ability or vice versa
Note: Caster ADC means he just uses a lot of abilities/mana consecutively to factor in his damage/way does damage. [ Not many ADCs are consider "casters" since they were design to right click/auto attack heavily in most cases ]
This just means can DPS with basic right clicks/auto attacks as well as spam abilities as auto attacks, making him a very unique champion. [Due to his auto resets/ , , ]
- 's auto range is 500 auto attack range, meaning he needs to be in perfect position or use first to set up the most amount of damage he can do with his and abilities.
Note: Do not cast first, in general if you are going to cast (on enemy champions especially) always auto first because it is an animation cancel.
- The line is fixated from where is standing and the moment was casted/pressed. Meaning you cannot extend the range with (going closer to the target).
- Fun Fact, if you choose to cast any abilities after casting only and will be smooth, casting will only be casted after animation is fully complete.
- it is very common to purposely miss your hit or don't aim it at all towards the target directly just to apply your
Note: 's "Auto Attack Reset" doesn't function like and since there isn't no innate animation cancellation, you have to use another ability to do an animation cancel with .
EX: However, you may ->-> to cancel the W animation and allowing you to get the most MS buff duration after hitting your enemies with mark.
- is a decent ability at scouting since it gives vision and marks enemies with "Sight" meaning you can never accident "miss" or "face check" near a brush with no vision from your team.
- A very advanced/surprising trick is you can then to extend the range, allowing to get a surprise hit on and start going off with his abilities/passive/auto attacks thanks to the extra mobility since hit.
- range is slightly larger then 's auto attack range (around 2 teemos after your attack attack range) you may press C to verify and compare it to your range.
What this means is that it is better to ignore/sacrifice your from casting and use immediately after, if you are trying to hit some one with . This allows for an animation cancel of sorts, as well as allowing to be in range to auto attack/ hit to grant him the movement speed bonus. Don't forget even your allies can trigger the movement speed buff for you and that the mark/"sight" lasts for 6 seconds after an enemy target gets hit.
- You can control the range of your cast, the shorter you cast it the faster auto(s)/ you can get off.
- A very common trick is to hit an enemy champion(s) with and use after, it will grant you movement speed for your entire ultimate channel so long as you are hitting marked targets ( from ).
- Remember your no longer scales/factor in attack speed it is a fixated amount of 20/25/30 bullets total depending on skill level (6/11/16)
Overall game play [Laning to End Game]
- I cannot emphasize it more Lucian is an early game champion, as such should be expected to play aggressive. Although you have an issue with your auto attack range (500) his mobility and kill potential is very respectable if he doesn't fall too behind.
Ideally you want a tank/aggro/engage support.
- Manage your mana, it will take practice but do not run out of mana in lane and still be full HP. Unless you are forced into it by the enemy jungler/enemy support or your opponent has a long range ADC.
This is usually not an issue for since he has all in potential and can chase you forever until you are under the turret and he has no minions/some one to tank for him. Allow your opponents to push towards your side of the map so your jungler can punish the opposing bot lane for abusing their range. Your support can also take more risk as long as your jungler is near the bottom side of the map.
- Do not always play aggressive factor in what your support picked and how they play. If your support leaves you in a 1 v 2 scenario for whatever reason you may have to tone down your aggression/play style or possibly request your support to hear what you have to say about how you want/plan to play the laning phase out.
- Remember jungler is a thing early game, and if you see the enemy jungler at all bot side recently chances are the enemy jungler will try and stay bot lane a bit longer because of 's 500 auto attack range if you are pushing in towards the enemy side of the map.
- after winning bot lane/getting the enemy bot outer turret early transition to top or mid and request the laners to swap accordingly. If the enemy top/mid do not respond they will be in a 1v2 scenario afterwards or aren't strong enough to keep in check from pushing/hitting the other outer turrets. [This is a very common strategy but is very important for since he has 500 range and can get punish easily pushing towards the bot inner turret too early in the game]
- due to 's mobility you can act as a jungler/tank mid game, and engage for your team. Although you have no Crowd Control you can force your opponents to fight back or run away mindlessly and your team can engage most likely. Just expect to blow your own summoner(s) as well, which is fine as long as your team wins the fight overall.
- this is where becomes hit or miss. He is very mobile (emphasizing), however his auto range is only 500 which is a huge down side in late game scenarios. [Tanks are very tanky and can stick easily on targets, while damage dealers can hit targets easily within 500 range]
- Winning the game comes down to how hard you snowball your lead bot lane to make the enemy ADC weaker. However, it boils down to mechanics at this point. So long as you are using and kiting your auto attack range of 500 and doing damage without getting Crowd Control or "blown up" you will be able to strive even in late game.
- sieging structures may be an issue, but you can set up to split push easily with 's mobility. When going for end game structures as , you have to have a keen eye for lethal skill shots such as 's into her ultimate. You are fine to siege normally so long as your team zones or punishes your opponents.
- Lastly, does great DPS to baron/dragon do not be afraid to rush these objectives when your opponents have no vision or are at an awkward spot on the map.
Game Play and Lucian Video(s) Back to Top
Lucian Strategy/Generic Gameplay
- is 's only source of wave clear early on in the game (AOE wave clear), his can be used for wave clearing but it is an ultimate with a hefty cool down compare to . Try to hit all minions in a linear line first before trying to harass your opponents, to get the minion wave advantage.
Ntoe: cool down is relatively short so you can choose to poke first or control the minion wave first, ideally you do not want the minion wave up since your auto range is only 500 and you will take unwanted minion agro damage trading on top of full wave if your support does not take agro first.
- Remember all your abilities so long as you hit a champion/minion/etc. with will lower the CD of your . This allows for mistakes so do not be afraid to even use to secure a cannon minion and etc.
- You may feel 's is "slow" during laning phase/early stages of the game that is because scales from level 1-18 on how fast it is casted/animated. As a player you want to get used to the timings for every so level. This will allow you to make less mistakes or miss out on damage with
Another way to use to poke is aiming at minions but positioning yourself to hit the enemies from your AA range but with [ Both and Auto Attack Range are exactly the same].
You do this to avoid immediate minion agro when the wave is even/there is a cannon minion/just simply to get a better immediate trade
- Lucian is a lane oriented champion with a very mobile kit that lets him be more mobile as the game progresses. Remember the key to understanding is to understand his auto attack range is 500 and to use at the right time.
- to poke, meaning you are just going for a favorable trade and backing off when the enemy CC abilities are available from the ADC or the support. It is important to factor in whether or not the enemy laners you are facing have some sort of escape/mobile ability before using cool down.
- to escape, meaning you keep up when you focus on pushing the wave or using it very early to push in the wave so you will have it back up as you push towards the enemies' side of the map/enemy bot lane turret. In general avoid being near the enemy bot lane turret if you do not feel comfortable about yourself/your support versus their bot lane, but if you can get some hits on the enemy bot outer turret do so because you have your available. Just do not try it versus a (in most cases).
- to all in/follow up, your support engages or your jungler is approaching in at level 6 or has some sort of crowd control (even red buff slow counts). These moments is where excels at since he can do a ton of damage as long as someone keeps the target(s) in place. When such situations occur be prepared to use your Summoner Spells (Ideally not under the enemy turret until you are ahead). Use your to chain and abilities hit, position forward as needed as you weave autos, do not be stationary especially on Lucian since he has 500 range.
- Avoid using to CS, since the AOE aspect is very weak since it is AP damage and the mana cost is not cheap in terms of going for CS with it.
You may use for CSing to push/recall early as well, just understand you are risking opportunities for your support to get a good 2v2 engage/ all in.
- Lastly, if you are not doing so well [ like doing very bad laning phase transitioning to mid and late game] play for objectives and try to get your team to focus on objectives as well since you are not strong enough. Remember even if loses lane, he can be very useful and strong in 1v1 scenarios with his mobility and sieging structures because of his .
YouTube Game-play [Stats included]
- The second video will show case ability tricks/combos/resets
Lucian Full Game play Replay [30 minutes + Lost Lane]
- I chose this replay because it emphasizes that despite losing lane you can still be useful in many way(s)
1. you can be a shot caller, in this game I ping/called objectives over going for kills in full on team fight(s). The best call was when I assume some one will fix the wave bot and immediately start walking towards Baron. Ideally you want vision control/Baron area swept but the support was not the best,
2. I went 0/5 after laning phase ended, so because of this I cannot just group up and ask for full on 5v5 fights. Rather, focus on playing for picks because of our team comp having . The front line is not that strong as well due to my support not being good mechanically.
3. The build I chose is the most popular crit build Essence Reaver/Rapid Fire,PD, or Shiv/ and IE, allowing me to 1v1 very easily which fit the play style of focusing on turrets/ splitting and or rotating when needed.
Lucian Ability Combos/Animation Reset/Cancels and Flash Combo Video
- playlist for all videos:
- You can at any point cast something/do something the moment 's first auto goes off. What this means is that you can use abilities (except for it will be
- For the optimal full combo showed in the video, you do not need to cast the entire combo demonstrated the main thing to note is that you should always auto attack (normal or ) before casting since and 's auto attack range are the same.
And again, is an animation cancel ability/auto reset so you aren't going to die most likely doing an auto attack before casting
About Me Back to Top
A little background about me.
I am Musics in the North American server and have been D1-Master tier since last season (7).
I have been playing league for approximately 7 years and have been diamond for 5 years. I have been coaching friends and people that request my help for free for around 3 years. I explain subjects related to League of Legends well, however I have no experience making video in general. I will try and learn how to make proper YouTube videos to make video version(s) of my guide(s) so stay tune for that!
I have been online throughout the League community vocally through many ways.
Here are some examples:
- r/ league of legends, summoner school, Zoe main, Nidalee main
- Online Tournaments [EVG, Battlefy, Invictus Gaming, ARAM tournmanets, Razer tournaments]
As of now I main Support/Jungle, but have tons of experience throughout my years playing all roles.
Here are some of my link(s) you may check out!
YouTube (WIP) Subscribe and Like the Videos if you enjoy them!~
My Twitter Follow, Tweet Me!~
NA League Summoner Name: