Master Yísus Full Crit Jungle [8.7]
Summoner Spells Back to Top
New Runes Back to Top
Abilities Back to Top
Items Back to Top
This will be the core of your build, which you will try to get asap. A good time you can look at, getting all of these items is by minute 22. My personal best was minute 17, with a finished essence reaver at minute 20. Don't listen to all these pros in your games, who flame you, because you don't buy boots. Imo it's a waste of
After I get my core build, I basically always finish the essence reaver. A perfect item for cdr, dmg and crit. Now you can decide what you want to build. If they don't have much cc, nor tanks, go bloodthirster into deaths dance, for max cdr. If they have malzahar, Leona and so on, get merc first. If they have a lot of tanks go into a fast Lord dominiks and if you feel like you can't survive teamfights, either because they hard focus you, or your alpha dodging is not very good yet, get guardian angel.
Matchups Back to Top
Introduction Back to Top
my name is Master Yísus and I am at the moment a low diamond player on EUW, who only plays Yi.
I have played this build, in quite a lot of different patches and it always worked, although the ardent, shields meta was a pure pain.
Play it, get good at it, learn how to get ahead early and you will see results.
I am not saying this is the perfect build, or that I am the best player, but I had success and fun with it.
Better than On-Hit Build?! Back to Top
- Take out squishies faster, nearly instant
- Needs no time to build up ( no stacking guinsoos)
- First auto attack is nearly always guaranteed and deals the most dmg
- Solo carry teamfights by insant killing squishies and q your way to victory
- early powerspike very strong
- even harder snowballing potential
- shredding tanks takes way longer
- objectives take longer early
- less surviveability, since you can´t / it´s way harder to fit def items into the build
- Dark Harvest takes time to build up, strong impact at 150+ stacks
- when behind pretty weak early and mid
Pros / Cons Back to Top
- insane damage
- solo carry potential
- very high snowballing effect
- high cdr
- fun to play
- very rewarding
- insanely squishy
- reliant on getting ahead early or stalling
- high risk
- hard to play
Creeping / Jungling Back to Top
There are basically 3 routes to start the game off. 2 for the bottom side, 1 for the top side.
For the top side you want to go:
blue -> gromp -> wolves -> chickens -> red -> krugs -> top gank
When you get a good leash you want to smite the red and the krugs and use your meditate after wolves and before doing red.
When you get a bad leash smite the group.
For the bottom side you want to do red, then invade the enemy wolves. Only do it if you think the enemy didn't ward the river. After that do chickens and then go directly to your blue, because many players will be frustrated and try to invade your blue.
The second route is just a full clear, but you skip krugs. After you did your gromp, get scuttle and gank top or mid if possible. Often you can counter gank top.
Teamfights Back to Top
I don't think I need to explain how to gank with Yi. You can lane gank, come from behind or do whatever fits the situation.
If teamfights happen, you want to wait for someone to engage. Either the enemies or your tank. When the players burned their skills you want to flash on the squishiest and most dangerous target, most of the time the adc. You want to flash -> aa -> q -> aa. This mostly results in a kill. If you don't have flash use your q instant.
The reason you want to flash tho, is that the enemy has less time to react and you are pretty much safe to get 2 aa off. Most of the time the enemy will flash away, so you can follow him with your q.
After that you work your way down. Means you look for the next target. Either the next dangerous one, mostly mid laners or the player who is very low.
Because of your essence reaver and Yis passive you can q after every kill. Make sure to dodge stuns, ults and so on with your q.
Remeber: Flashing on a target gives you a safe aa and the possibility to follow the enemy with your q. In quite a lot of lane ganks, an early flash will get you the kill.
!!I can't remember the last time I used my flash defensively. It's very important to win those late game fights.!!
Tips Back to Top
Some basic things you should know as a yi player:
- use it to dodge all sorts of abilities, tf gold card, yas tornado, all sorts of skillshots basically
- if you tower dive with teammates, do some attacks then, q to reset tower aggro on the mates. q when the tower shot is flying at u to avoid the damage.
- if you dive and kill the enemy, attack the tower to get your q off cooldown, then q to a minion to get out
- you can ward and jump to camps with q as an escape, for example krugs
- try to predict enemy flashes to follow them, so dont q instant
- sometimes its better to use q on a minion or another player so the bounce kills your target. This is when you either cant reach him, or cant get under turret or into enemies.
- use it to take less damage from big hits, for example jinx rocket, ezrael ult etc.
- in teamfights or when low use it to block some dmg, to give yor team time to help u
- when diving turrets use w when turret hits come, to negate some dmg
- use it as an auto attack reset when really needed. Just aa, then w and aa instanly again
- Just always activate when you fight
- early and for clearing it is the best to activate when double striking, so you get the most out of it
Banworthy champions Back to Top
Here some champions, who give us a hard time, early, late or both.
Early all bruisers in 1v1, mid and late game only if super fed.
-Fiora (R, strong in 1v1 when fed)
- Ahri (Mobility)
- Malzahar (CC)
- Anivia (survivability, aoe dmg)
- Ekko (CC, R)
- Rammus (CC, We kill us by hitting him)
- Sejuani (A load of CC)
(early and mid a problem, Heal, CC)
- Jax (Tankier and more dmg when ahead, E)
- Udyr (early, CC, tankier)
- Vayne (stealth, alpha strike loses
contact when she goes invisible)
- Xayah (CC, R)
- Kalista (only when fed and played very
- Rakan (CC, R, Mobility)
- Zilean (R, we cant take out the adc
- Lulu (Polymorph, R)
- Leona (A Load of CC)
Champions that I like to have on my team Back to Top
- doesnt really matter
Summary Back to Top
I think I got everything into this guide, that Is important. If you have questions or requests for things I should add to the guide. don't bother asking.
Thanks for reading and good luck in the Rift.
Btw: The auto attacks of Headhunter Yi and the standard skin feel the best imo ;)