⏰Orianna The Lady of Clockworks!⏰The Most Consistent Mid of all TIME Season 8⏰
Updated4 months ago
Summoner Spells Back to Top
New Runes Back to Top
Abilities Back to Top
Items Back to Top
Matchups Back to Top
Even is a CC since this ability creates a wall that forces you to path different, and for 's short range that can get her killed easily.
Dodging and predicting placements is your best bet. Consider using Cleanse or Ghost to ensure you cannot get one shot with Anivia's jungler.
- has 2 lives thanks to her passive , bit of a problem for due to her kit being a "kill in 1 " style, otherwise has to slowly DPS Anivia's Passive down and risk getting caught by enemy players.
- Unlike , has a free movement speed buff with a certain condition of walking in straight lines/parallel thanks to his
Try to cancel this as you play by using or throwing Q and forcing Asol to try and kite [ passive MS is not interrupted by being in combat]
- Asol is not a popular champion so do not worry too much about playing against a good one especially.
- main issue is dealing with fast CC, because it can lead to her dying easily to the enemy jungler. is somewhat fast, but requires a minimum distant. Focus on using to juke or just sidestep and turn the tables on Asol.
- is like free auto attacks, be careful when trading with 's auto attack since this is an ability with very big range and can hit multiple times/people. Make sure Asol cannot continue DPSing you with this ability without dying if you make him turn it on.
- same with Asol there is not much "good" players that plays Azir, althought Azir is more popular
- Azir's poke is very strong and has high range. . . so as you have to be careful about farming/trading since Azir can use easily to go in or out.
Make sure to choose wisely when to trade/all in an Azir as , so make sure to focus on farming near your turret until the time is right.
- Cassio needs item before her and is lethal, and will run into mana problems early if she doesn't secure the kill or secure your HP to be low enough so you cannot farm easily as .
Cassio also needs to make sure she has enough mana to farm/reset on kills for mana if she cannot kill you ()
Chances are you will run out of mana or lose too much HP due to Kass' insanely high base damage if you aren't careful as .
- Once Kass hits level 6 with available that is when you have to respect him in lane if he isn't too far behind.
Before and after 6 you still have to try to keep aware of where the enemy jungler is when playing otherwise a gank can easily put you behind to not be able to bully her
- overall is very mobile for a melee and can force you to place your /ball in bad places which can lead to her all in engages on you very easaily
As remember you will lose MR/AR if the ball is not on you directly or have skilled up at least once.
- As you can still auto attack her easily just watch out for where Kat's daggers end up, the daggers on ground with cast do a ton of damage and can let her chase you down easily if she has the better HP Pool.
- this match up is fairly simple
- Ryze takes time to scale and needs items , in general Ryze cannot bully an early lane unless you get hit by combo Ryze can do on minions and spread towards you
- is easily countered by as well as 's innate ability to force enemy mid laners back with her combo and if needed.
- 's skill shot ( ) is more precise while Syndra heavily depends on a small hit box of then the angel for her .
Medium Match Up For Orianna
- Fairly simple laning phase/match up
However as , note TF main weakness is that he has to auto and doesn't have the best auto attack range (to stun you with the Yellow card)
- is the hardest counter to TF throughout the entire game, especially laning phase if you do well 1v1 chances are you can make him feel very hopeless trying to stun you with yellow card as long as your cleanse is up.
Easy Match Up For Orianna
- like many mid laners need time to scale with items , is a prime example of why Viktor needs time before he can start dishing out real damage.
**Viktor's damage is very small compare to when he actually has a full 1-2 item**
in general does damage throughout the game, even just starting from level 1 to 3 because of her good base damage on abilities,passive/auto attacks.
are great summoners when playing against a viktor to avoid Viktor's only major threat as well as kiting his primary damage [ ]
Hard Match Up for Orianna
Xerath has the luxury to engage with because his ultimate forces his enemies to kite around or take the damage and get 100-0 most likely.
- not only CC's but does heavy damage when combine with or when even you as accidentally step onto the center
- CC isn't the best, like , however actually has a strong CC with her unlike Ziggs who just have more damage with
- and Ziggs play style is similar in that they play to "zone", it is just has threat as well to CC/engage/lock down/kill non tanks easily.
The main difference is Ziggs focuses on poking into an instant kill, while is dependant on hitting the CC combo with her
Ziggs laning phase should be very passive when versus an , unless he wants to risk an 1 v 1 all in. [Note Ziggs can also be baiting for the enemy jungle if such a situation is to occur]
Late Game Ziggs range is superior but he doesn't have any heavy CC try and take advantage of that
- Recently Zoe got hit with quite a lot of nerfs, she isn't as annoying as she was before the recent nerfs
Orianna Tips and Tricks: Abilities and Combos Back to Top
- can use + towards her escape pathing or just when ball is on her strictly for the movement speed.
- can hide her ball () with by casting the ability into walls, not all spots are "good" in order to try and engage with or another right after. Some spots are also "more visible" when trying to hide 's in terrain/structure/etc.
- grants vision (think about ), usually these kind of skill shots won't grant vision but since 's ball () is coded as a minion/an "object" in order to cast abilities it does. Use this ability to check brushes/ area without vision.
- 's classic combo is into instantly, there is a "buffer trick", where you can cast as is traveling to its destination. Avoid pressing only until travel animation is done. (exception: zoning as your ball is in red range/almost out of range)
- can also be used to speed up team mates (best used with ) and even on top of , it is recommended to cast the ball (with ) further back or ahead then casting to maximize 's movement speed bonus duration
- also slows enemies, best used to set up to hit 's harder to hit abilities and .
- Self casting this ability is crucial when playing to maximize your damage output as well as 's ability to survive, highly recommend to learn/get used to self cast if you play due to her .
- ->-> is a standard combo does during lane and in heated moments of the game to quickly get off damage then have her ball on her to give her extra MR/AR
- offers extra MR/AR to anyone that has it, meaning can lose stats in MR/AR and be more vulnerable if you are not too careful, but offers stats to her allies/teammates as well.
- is great for when used on your allies that can engage, however as you must learn how to manage her max range on how far her ball/ can go
- Not much to say about this ability, heavily tied to 's basic abilities.
- You can hold back your to get off more auto attacks before using it in 1 v 1/trading/poking into all in scenarios. [Best done in laning phase]
- has a unique range, it creates a vacuum/black hole/suction that slightly grows (into the full hit box range of ) then immediately pulls any enemies into the center starting from the "tip" or max range indicator of 's .
- When chasing or running can throw her slightly forward(chasing) or slightly backward(running away) to maximize her movement speed duration. To make it more surprising, can towards the field to get away easier or chase and surprise burst her opponents with ease.
- You can forward while is traveling to maximize passive auto attack damage or to distract your enemies from keeping track of the ball/
- You can cast as your auto attack animation completes and use as well to surprise your enemies
- a common trick is when you have the ball/ you can first then flash forward (usually)to surprise your enemies and set up a good chunk of damage,teamfight, and etc.
- you can use to or towards your enemies/allies to the Q or E max range indicator then follow up with an immediate . This may seem like common sense, but it should be emphasized that you can do this as well when playing .
- Be very knowledgeable about 's max range for the ball/, remember the ult is a skill shot around the ball if your ball snaps back you will be doing a classic fail ult play where she hits nothing in her since it's on top of her on accident.
Orianna Laning Phase Back to Top
is a ranged champion (decent auto attack range and animation on top of that), meaning her laning phase is very hard to punish. has fast trade mechanics as well as wave clear with the common combo + . This section we will focus on how plays the lane passively, focusing on farming/shoving/and rotating around the map (bot and jungle most common).
- and is a very safe farming tool, but at the same time it can be used aggressively especially versus melee match ups you can farm and trade (focused on farming) at the same time, you may or may not hit ranged champions tho
- The upside to playing laning phase passively is that the enemy jungler chance of ganks/diving you is very skewed since your opposing mid laner won't have a kill/lead in general. Make sure you avoid auto attacking the enemy outer turret, avoid staying past half of mid lane to zone/etc [focus on shoving into the turret so the wave is even again], and playing around your jungler. There should be no need to force 1 v 1 as heavily unless you need to in certain match ups by playing passive you have more room for mistakes and do not have to rely on yourself to carry, rather focus on getting your ADC/JG more income/gold.
- Roams, a passive play style roam for mid lane in general is either give up a wave of CS or shove your wave of minions to your enemy turret. Either is fine, it is recommended you have a and/or your wave of minions pushed into the enemy turret before roaming Bot/JG.
- Make sure to use defensively when playing laning phase passively that extra 50~100 hp each trade can add up and save you from recalling early.
- is best used when you are getting ganked [1 v 2] or when your jungler is ganking for you [2 v 1], just saving your in 1 v 1 scenarios will greatly increase your chances of surviving. You may also use to chunk your enemy mid laner HP to the point they can no longer safely farm then focus on farming/shoving, eventually the enemy mid laner realizes he/she needs to recall ASAP otherwise your CS lead will skyrocket out of control. If your enemy "melees" or "overstay" their welcome try securing the kill after, but note chances are the enemy JG will be around if a scenario like that happens.
aggressive laning/play style is a very common habit players tend to use/practice since she is a big lane bully/dominant champion. Her short range means nothing since mid lane laning phase is focus on short trades and CSing which can do easily with her /passive autos and basic abilities. I recommend mixing passive laning play style and aggressive play style overall when playing . But if you are unsure/notice you are getting pressure by the enemies (Top/Jg/Supp) then by all means focus on playing a passive laning phase.
- As mention before, starting level 1 is a great way to start your laning phase as playing aggressively.
- early is great to play aggressively since then Magic Pen and extra movement speed is great for 's kit when used to play aggressively
- Focus your on damaging enemy mid laner(s), just use to CS or poke/set up the ball/ in a good position. As your opponents need to respect the ball location for and combo on top of moving the on them, you can get off a lot of auto attacks when playing aggressively to maximize your trading during laning phase (aggressive).
- can be used aggressively, but this heavily relies on you knowing your damage 's Crowd Control/CC isn't that long unless they are on the center of your (usually happens after ). During laning phase you prob can't 100 to 0 someone but can use your in 1 v 1 scenarios when your enemy is around 70~50% to try and all in them afterwards with auto attacks//pathing forward/using summoner spells aggressively.
- You may roam with your up, before even your jungler is there you can start the fight and let your jungler/laners (usually botside/bot laners) come help clean up shortly after
- Lastly, capitalize on damage, not only does the shield amount add up overtime/accumulate to saving your HP you can also whittle down your enemy with 's damage.
Orianna Mid Game Back to Top
's Mid game play style is very straight forward, like most mages depending on whether your team or you is ahead/behind/or even. As you improve on mid game play style/strategy will be straight forward since her kit/play style is heavily around her .
- Let's start with when you are ahead, as this just means you try and rotate to pick off enemies trying contest objectives (dragon/herald/20min baron). You can also zone enemies easily with your ball/, the threat of and when ahead is lethal. Lastly, when is ahead in the mid game she can generally do ~50% of any squishy HP just take a note on that.
- When is behind in the mid game/playing from behind this is where her must be used correctly. Your team in general want to be grouped(to try and come back with engage), with at most top lane or jungler fixing side lane(s)/ the enemy top laner. Your threat of zoning enemies is not as high since you are behind, so just focus on wave clearing and going in when the time is right (engage from you or preferably your team's tanks/engages).
**You can still try and zone b all means since if hits a squishy chances are the fight can go well for your team**
Roaming is a great when playing from behind, a numbers advantage in most cases can let you win fights easily, especially as since she has quite a decent amount of threat/CC she can bring to the table. Try and practice this more, since 5v5ing from behind is best avoided for the team that is behind until one or more of your enemies get(s) caught.
- Lastly, when you are even as during the mid game consider the following. base damage is great as you put more points into your skills, which makes her excel at building Magic Pen items early. [ ]
The game can go to either side, but as you can easily set the odds in your favor because your is still strong, but not as weak as when you/your team is behind.
Roaming when the game is even and pulling off a successful roam that leads to a kill(s) or objective lead will easily put the game into your favor.
Consider using your towards your engages so they can feel more confident when the game is fairly even (5 kill lead or 5 kill behind for your team)
Orianna Late Game Back to Top
's' late game is prob a bit harder than playing her during laning phase and mid game. You should keep a habit of relying on your front line/support before you try and do damage in team fights/objective fights/skirmishes/sieging or poking fights, because if you get caught it's all over and at most you can get your off. [Think about her short range and requirement of using for best engages]
can play aggressive during the late game, its just that it takes time to do so efficiently. Learning her max ranges and max hit box for her kit/abilities is crucial. The damage you don't really need to learn/know completely since most mages will tend to "one shot" someone if their ultimate hits them. [ At most learn damage very well]
can be both strong at defending and sieging whether or not she is ahead or behind because of her threat. Although sieging may be harder to understand because if you wiff you can lose a fight almost immediately ( or forced to use defensively for you or someone else).
Tips and Tricks Video: Orianna Back to Top
- for some reason 2. cannot be uploaded,
But it covers a video demonstration of Q+W -> Self Cast E to do the "most damage"
- I recommend trying these tricks in practice tool as well, maybe with no cool down 100%, but with standard 20 to 40% CDR to utilize these tricks to their full potential
- Let me know if I should talk as well for these kind of videos!
- There is a playlist so make sure to check all of them (1-10, except 2)
About the Author Back to Top
A little background about me.
I am Musics in the North American server and have been D1-Master tier since last season (7).
I have been playing league for approximately 7 years and have been diamond for 5 years. I have been coaching friends and people that request my help for free for around 3 years. I explain subjects related to League of Legends well, however I have no experience making video in general. I will try and learn how to make proper YouTube videos to make video version(s) of my guide(s) so stay tune for that!
I have been online throughout the League community vocally through many ways.
Here are some examples:
- r/ league of legends, summoner school, Zoe main, Nidalee main
- Online Tournaments [EVG, Battlefy, Invictus Gaming, ARAM tournmanets, Razer tournaments]
As of now I main Support/Jungle, but have tons of experience throughout my years playing all roles.
Here are some of my link(s) you may check out!
YouTube (WIP) Subscribe and Like the Videos if you enjoy them!~
My Twitter Follow, Tweet Me!~
NA League Summoner Name: