- Summoner Spells
- New Runes
- Champion Matchups
- Support Synergy/Playing with your Support
- Early Game
- Mid Game
- Late Game
- How to Teamfight
- Ability Combos/Tips and Tricks
- Youtube Videos!
- About the Author
- Private Coaching/Tutoring
- Join the Twitch Mains Sub-Reddit/Discord Channel!
- Change Log
Sneaky, Sneaky... [Patch 8.16]
Summoner Spells Back to Top
New Runes Back to Top
Abilities Back to Top
Items Back to Top
Matchups Back to Top
Usually this will be an even lane. Ashe can't really touch Twitch because of his damage, but Twitch can't touch Ashe due to her range.
- You have to engage in long term fights with her and abuse expunge damage.
- You have a nice advantage level 2 and you should win trades against her
- Watch out when she hits level 6. Arrow is deadly against Twitch since he has no reliable escape.
- Hawkshot will not reveal you.
Arguably Twitch's hardest matchup. She will outrange and heavy poke you in lane. Often you will find yourself farming at your turret.
- Watch her Q animation to see where she is aiming and dodge accordingly
- Her traps will reveal you
- You don't have to play aggressive. It's perfectly fine to farm under the turret if needed and last hit as much as possible
- If winning, sneak up, W, and as she uses E, use BoRK to chase and kill
Corki is an ADC that excels in short term trades with his Q and out-trades Twitch this way since Twitch can't stack poison.
- His Q will reveal you
- If he W's to you, often you can punish him for doing so instead of running away
- His W is not a highly reliable escape. Use your W to slow him and set up your support to go in
- You can pick him off easily if you get ahead in lane. Use BoRK and W at same time so that you can catch up to his W after he uses it.
Twitch and Draven can both snowball the lane in their favour. Both do similar amounts of damage when even in lane.
- Watch for where his axes are landing. Throw your W there for an easy hit
- Draven is more vulnerable when moving to catch his axes
- Try to sidestep the returning of his ult to avoid taking extra damage
- Both sides can snowball the lane with just 1 kill
Twitch wins this lane hard. Twitch out-trades Ezreal and has a stronger level 6.
- Ezreal is easy to kill with Twitch. Trade with him first, then sneak in with Q and slow him if he tries to E away.
- His E can target you even if you are stealthed
- Avoid his Qs in lane by moving side to side
- Jhin's will root you if the indicator is red instead of blue.
- Early game, you actually win trades with him after he uses his 4th shot.
- Jhin players like to save their 4th AA guaranteed crit and would rather to last hit a minion, watch out for when they do this because it means that you can't get too close.
Jinx has a slight advantage with her range on her Q, but Twitch can punish a Jinx for staying in rocket form when going for short trades.
- Dodge her W by moving side to side. Her W will reveal you if it hits
- Try to avoid fighting her if she has minigun
- Go for quick trades when she switches to rocket form
- Jinx has a strong level 6 with her ult, especially if you are below half health
Kalista is in a really good spot right now, especially against Twitch. Kalista will hit her item spike with Hurricane faster than Twitch as it is cheaper and can abuse her mobility to win short term trades with her cooldown-resetting E.
- When she has her E available for use, her spears will be showing sticking through enemies. If no stacks are seen, it is on cooldown and you have an opportunity to win a trade
- Watch out for when both her and her support attack you at the same time as it will proc her W dealing bonus damage to you
- Be careful level 6 as she can allow her support to initiate onto you with her ulti
- Always pay attention to the amount of spear stacks she has on you as they do a lot of damage if it builds up
Safe lane for both sides for the most part. Kog outranges Twitch with his W active, but he is rather vulnerable when it is on cooldown.
- Kog doesn't have an escape. If you can punish him for being out of position, do it!
- Watch out for when he glows, that's when he has his W active
- His ult will reveal you if it hits
- After lane phase, Kog becomes a very easy target to assassinate
- Go for short trades with Lucian only after he has used an ability and auto-attacked with his passive
- He is very vulnerable without his dash as it is his only escape
- His passive is essential to winning trades. If you see him wasting cooldowns and his passive, you can initiate a fight
- Try to see where her Q is going to bounce and dodge accordingly
- Her level 6 ult hurts. Watch out for it!
- If you get ahead in lane, you can stealth up on her and punish her since she has no escape
Her spell shield can shield your E, but it takes a really experienced Sivir player to do so. Twitch usually wins trades but Sivir will win the trade if she can hit you with her Q or spell shield an ability.
- Dodge Sivir Q in lane by moving from side to side
- You outrange Sivir and win in extended trades
- Bait out her spell shield if possible and then use E afterwards
- Punish her by stealthing up since the only escape she has is her ult
With the recent changes to her E, Twitch can win trades by stacking poison and using his expunge to output more damage. Also, Trist cannot bully Twitch as hard as other ADCs in lane unless she gets ahead.
- Watch for when she uses her Q. It gives her a big attack speed buff, but has a long cooldown
- Tristana's jump also has a long cooldown. It's much easier to kill her when she doesn't have it available
- Watch out when she uses her E on you as she can charge it up with AAs to do more damage
- You both trade evenly with each other unless one side messes up
Don't disappoint me ;)
I'll write this when I've played a game vs an Urgot.
Lane can go in both ways. Varus will usually win extended trades while Twitch will win in short term trades.
- Try to predict where he is aiming his arrow and juke it by moving the other way
- He will try to poke you down before going all in with his ult. Get sustain to heal up his poke
- Avoid extended trades where he can stack his W on you and proc them
- He has no escape. Punish him if he mispositions
Arguable one of Twitch's easiest matchups. Twitch will usually win lane hard and deny Vayne a lot of farm.
- Vayne is really weak early game. You will win trades by just AAs + stacking poison + E
- Vayne is weak without items due to low base stats. However, watch out for when she finishes major items
- She doesn't really have a reliable escape. If she used her abilities already, you can easily chase her with W
- Sneaking up on her with Q allows you to position yourself to a place where you won't get condemned and stunned
Introduction Back to Top
Hello! Thank you for viewing my Twitch Guide.
Anyways... Why Play Twitch?
- Can snowball hard in lane
- Insane late game power
- Highest auto-attack range in the game!
- Mix of Assassin and ADC/Marksman playstyle
- Fun to Play!
- Fun to role-play as in-game! (... don't ask.)
- Interesting stealth ability
- Lots of itemization choices
- Lastly- He's cute, especially his voice/personality!
GL, HF~ Good Luck, Have Fun!
Still Not Convinced?
Here's a Twitch 100-0 Montage using games only from my past 10 ranked games!
Support Synergy/Playing with your Support Back to Top
I'm Currently Working on a Spreadsheet of all Support Games/Synergies here:
God Tier: Amazing Synergy
Tier 1: Excellent Synergy
Tier 2: Good Synergy
Tier 3: Low Synergy
Tier 4: Poor synergy
Playing with your support in lane:
Make sure you two hit lv.2 first or play safe!
Using your W to set up potential CC for your support
Early Game Back to Top
Warding in lane:
Always try to ward side brushes in lane and dragon area/tri-bush whenever possible! Your support will do most of the warding, but you can help!
Mid Game Back to Top
Late Game Back to Top
Be careful when farming!
How to Teamfight Back to Top
How to Teamfight as Twitch
1. Entering the fight
- Cooldowns - What cooldowns have been used? Enemies? Allies?
- Positioning - You should be at the back of your team or somewhere that your team can protect you
- Priority targeting - Usually you'll be hitting the person closest to you, but there are rare occasions where you can aim for a bigger priority
- Team composition - Does your team have peel for you? Or are they going to dive the enemy team? What about the enemy team comp?
- You want to enter a teamfight while stealthed and positioned behind your team if possible
- I like to wait 2-3 seconds after the teamfight starts before popping out of stealth so that most cooldowns are used and its safer
- Try to auto-attack from the longest distance possible (Yes, even with your ult active)
- If you can hit more than 2 people with your ult, do it! Although make sure you don't put yourself in a position where the enemy team can get to you
- Use your ult near the start of the fight, not near the end
- Save expunge for when you can get as much poison stacks on as many targets as you can
- You usually want to attack the person closest to you. Target priority in a teamfight goes as follows: AD or Mid > Support > Jungler > Top lane tank
3. After a Teamfight
- This time is dangerous if there are still enemies left and you're at low health. They'll usually have all their cooldowns available and can burst you down.
- If you win a teamfight, look to take objectives
- If you lose a teamfight, plan how to stop the enemy team from taking objectives if posible
- Keep track of what summoner spells or guardian angels will be available/unavailable for the next fight
Ability Combos/Tips and Tricks Back to Top
The Fundamental Twitch Combo
- You can use your stealth to scout potentially dangerous bushes
- You can juke enemies by going 1 way while entering stealth, then going the other way once you enter stealth
- You can scout brushes with your W since it provides vision
- Placing wards while invisible won't bring you out of stealth
- Don't spam E in lane, you'll run out of mana very fast. I tend to use my E at around 4 stacks of poison
- Save your E! A huge mistake I see Twitch players do is use it way too early. Don't save it for too long either! Timing of E comes with experience
- Use your W and E between autoattacks to be as efficient as possible with attacking
- Know your lane matchups! Refer back to my guide in the matchups section if you're unsure how to play a matchup.
- You can often shoot enemies over ledges and walls such as baron and dragon, especially with the range bonus on your ultimate
- When ahead, press the advantage, but only if you have proper vision for the enemy jungler!
- When behind, it's perfectly fine to play safe and try to scale to late game. In lane, try not to be behind more than 30 minions.
- Practice Last Hitting! This is really important to get good at Twitch. Getting familiar with his autoattack animation and last hitting minions only comes from experience playing Twitch and ADCs in general. About 15 last hits is equal to a kill!
Sneaky Twitch Tricks
Stealth Faking Movement
Replays Back to Top
All my replays can be found on Replay.gg!
Youtube Videos! Back to Top
I've started making Youtube videos dedicated to Twitch guides/tips/tricks and anything ADC in general. Here's the Link to my Youtube Channel!
Twitch 100-0s Montage:
The Fundamental Twitch Ability Combo:
About the Author Back to Top
Private Coaching/Tutoring Back to Top
Join the Twitch Mains Sub-Reddit/Discord Channel! Back to Top
Discord Channel for Twitch Players
Change Log Back to Top
March 8, 2015
- Matchups Updated
- Patch 5.4 updates
April 9, 2015
- What to do in lane* updated
- Patch 5.7 updates
May 15, 2015
- Patch 5.8 Updates
- Support synergy updated
May 29, 2015
- Patch 5.10 Updates
June 6, 2015
- Patch 5.11 Updates
June 21, 2015
- Support Updates
- Started a google docs spreadsheet containing statistics as seen here.
June 21, 2015
- Patch 5.12 Updated
- Author Update
- Working on a Youtube channel!
July 23, 2015
- Patch 5.14 Updates
- New Youtube videos section
- Updates to Replays
Aug. 6, 2015
- Patch 5.15 Updates
- Added new videos
Sept 14, 2015
- Patch 5.17 Updates
- Added new videos
Oct 18, 2015
- Patch 5.20 Updates
- Changed a few pictures
Nov 28, 2015
- (Some) Preseason updates
- Item builds changed
January 5, 2016
- LOTS of stuff changed
- Not going to document everything -_-
- Welcome to Season 6! :D
Feb 12, 2016
- Minor patch 6.3 updates
March 2, 2016
- Patch updates
- /r/TwitchMains subreddit creation!
March 23, 2016
- Patch 6.6 updates
- Mastery changes
June 6, 2016
- Patch 6.12 updates
Nov 12, 2016
- Patch 6.22 Preseason updates!