Season 8 Ziggs - The Hexplosive Expert !
Updated5 months ago
Summoner Spells Back to Top
New Runes Back to Top
Abilities Back to Top
Items Back to Top
Matchups Back to Top
Annie vs Ziggs Notes:
- Or your jungler can shut her down easily as well, due to her abilities' short range
Note: a very good can cycle multiple abilities starting from 2/4 charge of stun to instantly stun you with or without
Azir vs Ziggs Notes:
- This match up heavily depends on who has the better jungler to pressure the mid lane, whoever gets more AP faster can easily clear waves.
- Watch out for the "Shurima Shuffle" a good can get you kill solo or set you up to die to his jungler.
Note: solo kill happens either when is ahead or when you push into turret and is in auto attack animation he can "Shurima Shuffle" you into his turret/side of the map very easily with
- To set up for the win/late game it is all about who hits more major damage abilities.
Cassio vs Ziggs Notes
- relies on more items then you and need "item spikes" heavily, laning phase should be a breeze because you can heavily punish her spam with your .
- This match-up really has no issue unless you run a poor secondary summoner or get hit by lv 1-2 and get all in'd, other then that if you don't lose lane or go even you win
Ekko vs Ziggs Notes
- melee match up, very easy if you react to 's with your entire kit; heavily punishing him for trying.
- is a great item to set up your jungler gank and to bait or punish who isn't aware you bought it early.
Fizz vs Ziggs Notes
- A very mobile and annoying champion due to invulnerability and mobility for most mid lane match ups (except versus melees).
Even under turret make sure to have your ready with key summoners like to punish him for diving you under turret
- tend to try very hard to end game early due to his lack of presence late game, he heavily relies on . [Unless he is 10+ kills/Good KDA]
Make sure to keep your distance and play around your front line who can take his ultimate.
- Play a passive laning phase and try to let him come to you to set up for your jungler's counter gank(s)/gank(s).
LeBlanc vs Ziggs Notes
- doesn't need to hit much abilities to get a lot of damage of, however she lack in range. Her main threat is an all in/gank set up with watch out for that. And she can burst you heavily if she lands a random with her auto attacks and /+
- has a hidden feature on her that many players do not notice, every ability empowered makes a clone of herself momentarily. Good LeBlancs can control them be very careful for outplay potential.
- However due to 's short range, if she doesn't land or go in without trying to hit you can trade very easily versus her with and , use and as the situation progresses.
- is a staple item for be very careful when she has this item when 1 v 1ing, and when trying tot secure "fade away kills", due to the item's ability to heal.
Lucian vs Ziggs Notes
Malzahar vs Ziggs
- 's can also come up randomly and can block your damage and can easily set you up to lose trades or over commits and play into his . (Again you do not want him to free farm to 6 for an easy gank/solo kill set up)
Morgana vs Ziggs Notes
Note: soft rework put 3 points into the new so is not that scary early in the game in order to wave clear in general in mid lane.
- engage allows you to easily hit full damage due to 's only rooting you but allowing you to cast all your spells until you get stun by 2nd hit of
Orianna vs Ziggs Notes
- this is a heavy skill match-up, but has an innate advantage because of the flexibility and ease of hitting her +.
- cannot react to 's combo with her due to having a travel time and requires a 2nd cast to trigger it.
- is also more mobile and tends to run secondary so be very careful of any attempts of 1v1/poking her
Xerath vs Ziggs Notes
- Just no hope.
- Out ranges Out damages. Your best bet is abusing 's coold owns early game to poke him or out shove him.
- A very good can anytime, like ''s . If he hits the expect to get heavily out traded, dead, or all in with his at any point.
Yasuo vs Ziggs Notes
- However, is very susceptible to gank(s). Keep track of his 20+ second cool down of early and play aggressive when needed. Let your jungler know about 's cool down if your jungler considers ganking mid lane.
- , is a passive shield that can up at any point so long as is moving or cast /. Be very careful about sacrificing your HP pool to trade versus him.
- If is ahead or even with , match up is very scary due to you not being able to pressure him off CSing and pushing into your turret nonstop.
Set up for late game and abuse your semi global range and long range/poke abilities.
Ziggs' Abilities: Tips and Tricks! Back to Top
Zigg's Abilities Tricks:
- has a small default cast range, but it can bounce (3 times) quite significantly depending on how close you cast the initial Q cast.
- explanation: the closer you cast Q near yourself, the 3 bounce shrinks the closer you cast Q closer to yourself.
- Use these tricks to get into enemies head (hitting them in team fights/jungle) or abuse the bounces near minions to poke your opponent in lane
- , depending on where enemies or (self) around the W hit box your opponent or yourself will move accordingly.
Note: Cast on top of yourself only to save animation time, do not throw it forward/backward of where you want to go unless you are flashing towards your because it waste time.
- can also be used to set opponents up to be hit by your other abilities so long as you know how it works you can aim your kit accordingly.
Note: enemies may use dashes/escapes or (key summoners) to react to this combo, it is best to only use aggressively if you know they cannot react appropriately.
- is a great self peel versus tank(s), engage champion(s), and assassin(s) save this ability accordingly OR use it to lock opponents down if a carry/squishy gets too close to you.
- , when used aggressively is to slow your opponent(s) into your ideally or your . Of course your team may benefit hugely from your slow field as well.
**Note: there is no difference in travel time if you cast it on top of yourself versus target(s) that are around in you within your Camera Lock and Character ().
Ex: is in in front of a , if is behind his wave there is no difference in travel time to throwing to and throwing on top of .
Note: you can cast if you are in travel animation, a more guaranteed combo is throwing your before you cast because of the fluid combo animation and your opponents will try to juke your on a reflex into your cast. They may even end up getting hit by both or the one they didn't want to get hit by.
can flash in travel animation (if you get hit by the explosion), you aim it towards your team but instantly flash side ways a bit in the travel animation for a better positioning for your basic abilities casting.
flash is a very interesting interaction, it is like 's -> combo. Your 's range can buffer farther if you forward or shorten if you backward.
- You can use then flash but it is not recommended unless you are trying to follow up with your basic abilities and surprise them with more damage.
Ziggs: Laning Phase Back to Top
Passive Laning Phase:
Ideally you want to avoid as much 1 versus 1 scenarios as much as possible when playing . Play to safely poke, so you don't get shoved in towards your turret uncontested. In order to safely poke you must fully understand how works and CS with but look for small opportunities to hit your enemy laner as well. Enemy laner(s) cannot match 's range in general, so you can cast uncontested onto the wave. There are other ways to go about how to poke players "passively", but realistically if you are casting or you expose yourself to a gank quite significantly. [Always have up if you do not know where jungler is, for the best "passive" play-style]
You can even bait your opponent into misplaying by building greedy items such as . Even when you build these items you can still play passively and only focus on farming and safe poking. These items demand aggression otherwise you will get an average of ~800 gold lead just from building these items, with at 10 stacks.
If you can smoothly play the game passively you may end up with first turret mid just from your jungler's pressure, your constant wave clearing, or your opponent forced to roam (because they cannot 1v1/1v2 you playing passively). After getting first turret, you simply keep farming (if playing the very "passive" style) and set up roams from your jungle or with vision control in the river with your ready to go.
Aggressive Laning Phase:
This style is not recommended when playing in general, it requires you to not respect or accurately guess how the opposing jungler is playing. You will be using to poke or push the wave faster more on average, while using to poke (Or better yet ++ auto).
If done correctly, early in the game you can easily chunk the turret to under half by level 6 and eventually get the turret. This allows an early uncontested dragon (especially if inferno).
You also open yourself up to favorable 1v1 scenarios for your opposing mid laner, due to your CC being on CD. ( )
Lastly, the main thing to note when playing aggressive is to keep track of your when playing aggressively so you can maximize your damage output for 1v1/1v2 scenarios. If you make sure to maximize damage on the opposing laner your jungler's countergank can snowball (put your team ahead) the game very easily.
Ziggs: Mid Game Back to Top
Mid Game Game-play:
I categorize mid game as when 2 or more outer turrets are lost on either team because a lot more grouping tends to occur (but not to the point where it is a full on 5v5 team fight). This phase tends to be very short because if is ahead he can easily drag the game late game wave clearing and constantly being a threat with his damage and damage to prevent uncoordinated fights.
So, depending on which scenario (whichever team has lower turrets) play accordingly.
If your team has 2 or more outer turrets, make sure to get all outer turrets with your top laner being on the opposite side with available. Afterwards group as 4 and siege an inner turret (mid ideally), depending on what happens the game can easily go into late game scenarios or backfire if you get caught.
If the enemy team has 2 or more outer turret, as you just have to play re-actively. Also known as you clear whatever wave(s) are close to your turrets. Avoid outer turrets as your top laner can afford to risk clearing those waves if needed when you are behind. Make sure to rotate decently fast if the enemy groups up and siege inner/inhib turrets. Just wave clear with and and use on side waves or get a fight started if someone gets caught by your or .
Ziggs: Late Game! Back to Top
Late Game Game-Play:
I categorize late game as either team lost all inner turret or an inhibitor turret has fallen (with shortly after an inhibitor falls). Of course depending on the game's time this may not be the exact "30 minute plus game/Baron Available". It is important to note games can snowball dramatically and prevent you from achieving a real late game scenario. When this happens you cannot afford your major items for wave clearing and doing a lot of damage in team fights.
Let's avoid discussing "20 minute games"/ Huge snowball games.
The generic game play for Late Game , when ahead, siege aggressively with to poke and to zone. is used to punish enemies trying to get around your poke or zone. would then be used as an initiator (due to the insane damage in late game) because chances are you will clear the wave as well hitting some one out of position. Your is extra damage to champions or for hitting turrets and will do A LOT due to the magic pen build to either.
However if you are behind during Late Game (in a "30 minute game"), the abilities are still used in the same concept. focuses on wave clearing only instead of poking and when the chance is right him or his team can start a fight playing around his CC and ult [ ].
In conclusion, has absurd wave clear potential due to his long range. As of patch 7.24, games due to tend to end faster and being able to hold 1v1 in match ups are "preferred". This does not mean is not viable, it only means that early game you want to just make sure you do not lose lane hard to the point you cannot stay in lane 1v1. Knowing when to play passive/agro style also depends on match ups do not be afraid to play aggressive versus (pre-6/when you have lead/QSS) and more passive versus (out ranged in every way).
Game-play Video (Ziggs) Back to Top
Ziggs Game-play Video [HD!]
Video Note(s): [New to making videos]
- Figure out how to record in HD.
- However recording live game(s) will lag my FPS and affect my gameplay.
- Expect edits/slides/voice soon
- Sound is a huge issue, learning how to separate audio from video and adjusting accordingly
- Let me know what you would like to see in the comments on LoLking or the video!
About the Author Back to Top
A little background about me.
I am Musics in the North American server and have been D1-Master tier since last season (7).
I have been playing league for approximately 7 years and have been diamond for 5 years. I have been coaching friends and people that request my help for free for around 3 years. I explain subjects related to League of Legends well, however I have no experience making video in general. I will try and learn how to make proper YouTube videos to make video version(s) of my guide(s) so stay tune for that!
I have been online throughout the League community vocally through many ways.
Here are some examples:
- r/ league of legends, summoner school, Zoe main, Nidalee main
- Online Tournaments [EVG, Battlefy, Invictus Gaming, ARAM tournmanets, Razer tournaments]
As of now I main Support/Jungle, but have tons of experience throughout my years playing all roles.
Here are some of my link(s) you may check out!
YouTube (WIP) Subscribe and Like the Videos if you enjoy them!~
My Twitter Follow, Tweet Me!~
NA League Summoner Name: