[S3] Tank Fizz Top? Stop Trolling! (OUTDATED!)
Fizz Statistics for Mazuruu
Author's performance with Fizz compared to the ranked average.
- Author Champion Statistics
- Guide Details
Summoner Spells Back to Top
My Summoner Spells:
: I think this is the best toplaner Spell since it is very good to finish enemies or help fighting them with extra damage.
Runes Back to Top
+0.95 attack damage Greater Mark of Attack Damage
+0.16 magic resist per level Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
+1 armor Greater Seal of Armor
+2.25 attack damage Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage
Greater Mark of Attack Damage:More damage when trading AAs, you get higher 'burst' early with your Q AA combo.
Greater Seal of Armor:Pretty much needed since most toplaners are ADs.
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist:Usually the best choice. When facing an AD based champ you don't need MR early on, and these Glyphs scale into mid/lategame.
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage:I use them for higher damage output and easier farming early on.
Other viable Runes:
Greater Mark of Hybrid Penetration:I actually am not sure if they are better than flat AD Marks, but since you do about the same amount of magical and physical damage they are very usefull. Use them when you plan on buying .
Greater Mark of Attack Speed:These Runes work very well with your Seastone Trident and give you more dps , still most champs will outtrade you with that because your Q deals less damage.
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist:Use them when laning against magic damage based champ like Rumble or Vladimir.
Greater Glyph of Armor:
Greater Glyph of Abilitypower:You can take this Runes for more earlygame damage and since every ability
scales with AP they can be pretty usefull.
Additionally most of your enemies will buy MR at first, they see you got some AP and think you will buy AP Items so they waste money on items they don't need.
Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed:Get to your lane faster and be able to catch enemies or gank the midlane easier.
Masteries Back to Top
The attackspeed works pretty well
with your skillset. I did not find out yet, wether Weapon Expertise or
Arcane Knowledge is better for you. I check the Graph with the stats
after every game, you have an equal magic and physical damage output. I
think it depends on your build, for example profits from Arcane Knowledge while scales with Weapon Expertise.
You want to be tanky, so 21 points in here, most are necessary for a toplaner.
The points you place here can vary, depending on the matchup and the itemisation.
21:9:0 is not that bad, it should look like this:
rarely take these Masteries because I stick too my tanky build so most
of the points do not help that much, if you decide to run some more
damage Items it could work very well.
Abilities Back to Top
- Get it on level 2 and max it second for more damage and shorter cooldowns.
- Use it directly after an autoattack to profit most from it.
- You can use it on enemies behind walls to pass it.
- Applies on-hit effects, Sheen works very well with it.
- When getting ganked use it on minion behind you, dash to safety.
- Get it on level 1 and max it first, you will have incredible early damage.
- Activate it right before using Urchin Strike.
- It will deal more damage over time when enemy is low on health.
- Applies Grievous Wounds when activated, very usefull against champions with a lot healing.
- Good in combination with Ignite, you need to learn when it is enough and when you need to chase for another hit.
Playful / Trickster:
- Get it on level 3 and max it last, this spell is used for mobility and not for damage.
- It has a decent slow if you do not activate it twice.
- One of the best skills for baits.
- Activate it under tower to let it focus an allied while diving. Care: You are the one who has to tank most times, so don't let any allies die to towers!
- Very mana hungry, use it wisely.
- Good for checking Blue/Red or Dragon/Baron: Jump in, activate again, jump out.
- Use it to dodge skillshots or CC in fight.
- Try to not activate it again while fighting to hit as many enemies as possible with your AoE slow.
- Look at this if you want to know where you can jump over and where not:
Chum the Waters:
- Skill it on 6, 11 and 16.
- It's a skillshot.
- Single target slow first, AoE knockup and AoE slow after 3 seconds.
- Grants vision until shark pops up, useful to fight Akali in her smoke.
- USe it for running away or initiating.
- Combine it with your Shurelya's, great way to open fights if you land it on a carry.
- Has low damage output.
- Faster clearing of big waves: Throw shark on minions, use E to jump directly afterwards.
- Medium cooldown.
Items Back to Top
Tank Fizz? Stop trolling!
Warning: This build is outdated. A rework is planned.
On my first back I buy a and get either a or boots, I get or most times. You might want a OR very soon after that. But care: Buying a puts you behind in lane! It does not have very good stats, only a bit sustain, so the enemy will be ahead the 700 gold.
If you are laning against an AP based champion build an early when troubles.
If you fall behind you might want to get a and upgrade it to later.
Now you can decide if you want to buy or next. Since warmogs is very strong I prefer getting it first to be able to trade more, but if the laning phase is pretty much over a can be much better in some situations. You should complete both before getting any other items.
You can also buy a instead of the , but I don't like that much HP.
In the past days I don't buy anymore in most games because I enjoy being a pure tank, I really love to engage in fights and jump around not taking damage. If you are more the bruiser one and want to actually fight and kill people faster this item is a must have! It gives you an insane amount of extra damage and the slow is pretty awesome too!
Now press Tab and see who is fed, which enemy champion is strongest and what your team needs. Most times I build a for the damage and magic resist and a for the missing armor, you can get either or since both of them are very good. It still depends on the matchup and the situation if you want to get this items or other situational, but I'm sure you'll figure out what suits your needs best.
But why do I get ?
In my opinion it is the best item to change games: You can use the active to engage teamfights, with the help of your Ultimate, during fights so the team can get or change their positioning, or to disengage when one got caught. You will profit from the gold bonus early when you start with the and the HP and Mana regeneration, the cooldown, and ofc the health.
Viable Items, when and why:
: This is a nice item against an AP heavy team, when you have no livesteal item you should prefer though. Combine with for endless health regeneration.
: Currently my favourite anti-AP item. It offers great stats an is a pain in the eye for every poke comp. Consider buying this when facing an Ezreal in the enemy team.
/: After the changes I personally don't like this item that much, but it still grants good defensive stats.
: One of the best items against AD champions, I prefer getting in most cases though.
: This Item is very strong on Fizz, you are very mana hungry in teamfights and it gives you enough CRD to troll your enemies with your high mobility. Good to take out AD's.
: Very, very situational, but can be useful sometimes. In the very lategame go for other items like because they offer you more, but are more expensive, too.
: Not that good: You already have 2 slows and 2 gap closer, if you still want a slow get since it will give you so much more damage. There are better tanky items if you want this for the HP.
: You want to jump on their carry and kill him in teamfights? This Item will help! Even more efficient with and/or . I still like this Item, allthough it's pretty weak right now, but its cheap! You can buy it in midgame after your first health item, getting it in lategame is not that good, you can just buy any other damage item that is more efficient.
: Gives you a good amount of attackspeed and MR, you can use both when facing AP teams.
: This is my favorite Item against any AP damage, you don't need an AP heavy enemy team for this item.
: This is an ok'ish item for more damage output in midgame, you should not buy it in lategame for extra damage, there are better choices. I still don't like the item since only your Q and your autos will activate the passive.
: Gives you a great amount of attackspeed, some dmg, movespeed and even tenacity, increases your dps a lot!
: A nice Item after the remake. You can use everything, this helps you to kill other tanks or bruisers, but is not a good choice to take out ADs since they have lower HP.
: Gives good damage, but you want to be more tanky and there are better damage items that work with your set, only your auto attacks and Q's profit from this item.
: I personally don't think this is a good idea on our Fizz.
: This item offers a lot utility and CC, but you will have a great lack of damage if you take this over . You should try this with any other damage item. Never ever get this and !
/: You don't want these.
Matchups Back to Top
Click on a champion below to see the author's notes on that particular matchup.
It depends how high the dodge-aim ratio is if you will win fights or not, it should not be that hard if you are used to Fizz though.
Start with when he has ignite, if not go for the .
Try to dodge her Q, maybe even start with boots. Bait out her shield, if she used it you can trade her, otherwhise stay back.
Ask the jungler for a gank.
Easy Matchup:Fizz counters Irelia!
In laning phase you should be able to destroy her, as soon as you hit level 2 try to Q her, activate W while dashing and use your AA's after, your damage output is higher than her's.
When hitting level 6 try to dodge her ultimate with your jump, but make sure to hit her with activated W before to reduce the healing.
Later on in the game she is getting stronger and stronger, it depends on her and your build, on the game situation, farm and kills whos stronger.
Medium/Hard Matchup:Fizz beats Jax on level 1-5.
Start with the Elixir and try to fight him at level 3, when you have your jump. Time your jump so he stuns you midair when he spins his lantern.
As soon as he hits 6 he is getting dangerous, he is getting stronger and you fall off, avoid fighting him from now on, end laning phase as soon as possible.
In teamfights you should be able to do more than him, although you are still not able to fight him 1v1 until you reach lategame where you are getting stronger again.
With your tanky Masteries you should be able to ignore most of her slow, use Q to get to her slow with E and there is nothing much she can do.
At about level 9 she will outdamage you unless you have some good items.
Don't dive her if you don't know if she has ult up!
It really depends on the situation and her build how you will be able to fight her late.
You counter his healing and slow, can still be hard.
I haven't done this matchup that often, most games were in my favour so Fizz might be a slight counter to Nasus.
Q him after he hit a minion with his Q, so it's on cooldown for some seconds.
Nasus Ult > Fizz Ult, so think twice if you want to fight him after level 6.
You should consider buying BotrK after your Warmogs.
Use 9:21:0 Masteries!
A good Renekton will dash in, stun, Q and dash out. There is nothing you can do about it but try to avoid stun with your E. If he got his combo everything is on cooldown, just use your Q+W to get him, hit him for some seconds, back out before his spells are up again. W will reduce healing from his Q, keep that in mind! Using this method you can trade pretty well.
His ultimate is stronger than yours, so be careful at level 6.
If you have a hard time early game, avoid fighting him and farm. Renekton falls of in mid/lategame.
Easy Matchup:Laning vs Shen is pretty easy, maybe you do not counter him, still its in your favour. I had this matchup 2 times and pretty much destroyed the Shen.
You should consider taking Teleport instead of Flash to either follow Shen or just to farm alot more than usual, without losing the ability to join teamfights that easily.
Go with 9:21:0 Masteries: http://puu.sh/3Ud6g.jpg
You need Preseverance for the sustain. You can diversify some points, but you should go for the 4% HP from Juggernaut.
Start with the Flask, a Ward, and wait some gold untill you can buy 2 healthpotions. Rush Sunfire after and get the Spectre's Cowl afterwards. With these items you can constantly push on Shens tower, negate his poke and even beat him in a 1v1 straight fight. A Trinity would allow you to actually kill Shen alot easier.
With that you are able to outfarm him.
Try to fight/trade him at level 1, maybe on level 2.
Stay back in lane and ask for junglers help. You may not die to him or he will destroy you easily the whole laningphase over. Try to farm and never fight him, jump away. He falls of later, you will be able to fight him at around level 10 (based on you and him having same money).
Easy Matchup:Go aggressive early, this lane is definitely in your favour.
Early Laning Back to Top
Your early laning phase is very strong, play as aggressive as you can!
Laning against most melee champs:
- You have to watch both, enemy minions health and your minions health, every time he wants to hit one of yours, activate your W to poke him while he is hitting, its free damage he cant return, after that he will disengage most times, if not just keep hitting him, your damage output is way higher than his.
- As soon as you hit level 2 you can poke with your Q W combo and autoattacks, if he wants to trade with you just keep attacking him and go for the kill, keep in mind that most players have Flash so use your Q wisely.
- Hitting level 3 can change the situation, most champions will have all 3 skills now and are able to use their full combo, but most times you have the enemy low on health or with less pots than you. You can either try to keep poking first or go for the kill immediately with the help of your E as slow or gapcloser.
- Keep in mind that minions deal a high amount of damage earlygame, so never fight him when he pushed his lane!
- Push your lane early: You level up faster, you are more likely to win trades due to minion damage, when you push hard enough to his tower his wave will end up pushing at around level 3-4, you can ward to avoid ganks.
Laning against most ranged champs:
- There are not that many ranged toplaners, and the ones that are have a very different playstyle, these are some general tips against rangeds in general:
- Some of the points above can help you here too, like watching your minions health.
- You might want to skill your Q first for the bit mobility or poke since you wont need your W for poking at level 1.
- Wait for level 2, just farm and try to avoid getting poked too much, as soon as you hit level 2 you can try to go for it or just poke with your Q and W.
- On level 3 you might want to engage, but it really depends on the matchup
Midgame Back to Top
The midgame is usually your weakest phase of the game. Depending on your build and the game there are several things you should focus on:
- Farming: One thing I noticed in the 300 ranked games of playing Fizz is, that I easily fell very far behind in farm and levels. AD or tank Fizz is one of the slowest pushers ingame, so farming is boring and needs some time. You can use your E -> R combo to clear waves faster when you are sure you won't need your ult in the next minute.
Jungle Fizz Back to Top
Jungle Fizz section coming soon!
Thanks for reading! Back to Top
15000 views and 80 likes! Thank you guys very much!
Here are some of my recent games with top Fizz:
Outdated Back to Top
Please notice that this build was created long time ago and just has a few updates. I'm currently working on the S4 Fizz build and will update and publish it here soon!
So don't think this is a troll, just a bit old :3
Have a nice day! ^_^