Predator Junglers are on the Hunt
Predator is very (very very very) strong!
Predator junglers have seen great success since the patch launch. The synergy Predator has with other runes leads to scary things like a Warwick running at you going 10,000 miles per hour. Below we take a look at a standard Predator Page that you can use on most Predator Junglers and some of the champions that benefit the most from this addition.
The rune page above will give you a good baseline on what you need for Predator Jungling. The setup is focused on giving you the opportunities to be all over the map through movement speed buffs. Two types of junglers that benefit greatly from this chance are assassin style junglers and junglers who need to stick on the enemy to deal their damage.
- To maximize your mid game pressure with this build, evolve your R first! The extra mobility from R evolve synergizes perfectly with how you want to utilize Predator.
- Best combo you can do is use your Predator while a few screens away from your target. Path through a bush to get to your target to gain the invis from your Evolved R. Once it's about to expire use your R if you haven't reached your target to maintain the invis. This not only gets you right onto your target for massive burst but lets you hold your Leap(E) for when they flash.
Non-standard rune options
- Take Sudden Impact Instead of Cheap Shot While Cheap Shot still works with Kha'Zix's kit, the free lethality you will constantly get from Sudden Impact is too strong.
- Tiger Stance max is the skill build you should focus on. Predator+Tiger damage will be insane on any squishy target. After that focus on Bear Stance if you can get ahead and stay there otherwise Turtle Stance is a safe option.
- When you play Udyr jungle in this style your focus is on ganking and getting ahead that way. Your early ganks are strong even without boots to utilize Predator. Make sure to flank the enemy if the option is possible. Any lane where you can get some followup CC from your allies will be a great option!
- With the setup make sure to roam plenty, even splitpushing is a real option for you. Most enemies wont be able to stick onto you at all, whereas you can stick onto them with ease. Udyr doesn't have a brainless kit so once you learn your limits you'll tear up the rift....and tilt your enemies beyond belief.
- Maxing Q first on Warwick is perfectly fine, but if you want to maximize your Chase/Predator potential try putting just 2 points into Q and then maxing W.
- When you're going to hunt a target, always use your Predator active before using your W. This way you avoid any chance that you mess up your Predator channel by pressing W too soon and will give the enemy less time to react.(Predator icon's do show above the enemy closest but most people don't recognize the danger yet!!!).
- If you use your R while having your Predator active be super careful because you'll fly across the screen with how much movement speed you'll get. No one will be able to get away from you with this setup!