The Ultimate Hat - Rune Breakdown
Ultimate Hat + Strong Ults = Shenanigans
The Ultimate Hat is one of the strongest non-keystone runes in the game at the moment. We've assembled some test cases to show just how insane it can be. The cooldowns involved assume you have 40% cooldown reduction with a fully stacked Ultimate Hat. This equates to 49% CDR since The Ultimate Hat is multiplicative not additive. We're going to just go with a rounded 50% CDR for nice numbers, so they may be just ever so slighty off (but the point remains!)Ultimate Hat Test Cases:
- Lux with full CDR and level 3 ultimate has a 25 second cooldown. Her ult also goes down to a 12.5 second cooldown if you kill a champion with it.
- In the early to mid game, you can ult to clear waves just to stack up your Ultimate Hat as quickly as possible.
- Make sure to ult as soon as possible in a teamfight, with your low cooldown you can get 2 ults off a teamfight.
- Mundo with full CDR and level 3 ultimate has a 35 second cooldown. Since his ultimate lasts for 12 seconds, he only has a 23 second downtime.
- With knowledge of the enemy jungler's location, feel free to use your ult to harass and pressure your enemy laner, free poke and helps stack Hat quickly.
- Late game as soon as a teamfight starts ult right away. You'll cause instant pressure for the enemy and your ultimate will come up again near the end of the fight for chasing down stragglers.
- Ornn with full CDR and level 3 ultimate has a 35 second cooldown.
- Use your ult to start fights. Enemy carry farming by themselves? Ult. Enemy support trying to ward? Ult. Entire enemy team sitting in a bush? Ult and hope you have a Yasuo on your team.
- If you initiate with your ultimate, you can easily get a second ult at the end of long fights to seal the deal.