- Summoner Spells
- New Runes
- Champion Matchups
- How To Win More Games
- What To Expect: Pros and Cons For Darius
- When To Play Darius
- Introduction To Trading
- Trading As Darius
- Team Fighting As Darius
- Mistakes To Avoid As Darius
- Top Lane Tricks
- How To Handle Jungle / Mid Ganks
- Tricks To Use As Darius
- Game Phases
- Other Guides
- Thank You For Reading! Please Comment!
AXE MADE FROM DIAMONDS (6.00)
Summoner Spells Back to Top
New Runes Back to Top
Abilities Back to Top
Items Back to Top
This item is really nice vs AP tops, like fizz, vlad, or Kennan. It really drops their kill potential on you and allows an easy all in. I would build this first against APC tops, unless the top is really bad and it's not needed. I don't really recommend ever finishing this item because I feel there's better late game options for 6th item.
Matchups Back to Top
- Hide behind her minions to avoid her charm
- Avoid staying in the max range of her Q because it will instantly hit you twice, it's harder for her to land it if she's close to you
- If you're going to burst her, you have to do it fast since she can ult away from you / charm
- She is very easy to kill when her ult is down
- She's sort of hard to catch, so unless her ult is down / you can pull her, I would focus someone else.
- She's easy to kill if you catch her off guard / no paying attention
- Don't let her poke you with Q
- You are superior during most of the lane, just try not to push too hard
- She has a hard time farming early since you can Q her if she wants to melee, but eventually she will have enough ap for Q to last hit
- Watch her energy amount before engaging and cooldowns
- When she hits lv6, she only has one stack of R.
- After lv6 she can get away from you with minions, so try engaging when there's nothing she can dash away too
- If she gets fed, you will have a reallllly bad lane.
- Buy a and to kill her in the veil. You can win all in fights if you have a pink, if you don't then there's a chance she'll win
- Your Q goes through her veil.
- Don't use your pull when her veil is up unless you have or she will just pop it.
- hurt her team fighting
- Peel her off you carries because she can kill them super fast
- He makes it really hard for you to reach his carries
- A good Amumu ult wins an entire team fight
- He can do a lot of magic damage depending on how he's built
- He can be pretty difficult to fight 1v1 if he's even with you, but shouldn't be a problem if you're ahead
- You usually don't need to pull him off people unless he's AP
- Land five hemorrhage stacks and ult him to try and burst him down with true damage
- You will probably need some form of magic defense item against him + an AP mid besides boots
- He has low mobility so engage when he's a decent distance from his team
- You will probably never reach a good Anivia unless you over her stun
- You really want to avoid staying in her ult
- She's easy to surprise since she has no mobility once you reach her
- If you engage her with pull, she can probably escape you. If you reach her without using it, your pull will ensure the kill
- Always check if her passives up
- It's usually better to focus someone else during team fights unless she gets too close.
- Unless you catch her out, you probably will not reach her in a team fight
- She can kite you exceptionally well
- She takes awhile to ramp up usually compared to other adcs
- Hide somewhere during a teamfight to try and sneak attack her
- If you grab her, land an immediate W and she should not be able to escape you
- Probably better to focus someone else during a team fight
- Better 1 v 1 at early levels
- Easier time landing skills
- Easy time punishing for last hitting (Auto + W followed by Q combo)
- It's easy to all in without him being able to escape (Unless he lands his stun)
- He has better sustain than you
- His silence can stop you from quickly using spells and he has an easy time harassing you with it.
- His stun makes it easier for jungles to kill you, and you have no mobility to avoid it
- He is good at farming under tower with E
- He goes very tanky making it difficult to kill later on, while also having good damage from his spells and ult.
- He's fairly easy to kill pre 6, so try to cheese him at early levels with all ins.
- Trade autos to try and land all of your hemorrhage stacks
- Avoid pushing since he farms well under the tower and can get you ganked easily
- Eventually build some health to negate his ultimate damage
- If you're going even, just try to buy sustain items to keep up with him
- Split push if he tries to roam since he has no mobility to get back into lane
- The only reason shes not easy is because she can go invisible
- Her ult can make her difficult to burst down in crowds, so consider that before blowing all of your stuff on her
- She has high mobility and is hard to catch if you don't land a W on her
- She isn't really that big of a threat to you, and if she ganks early it's not hard to burst her
- She is really annoying if ahead
- You need to buy against her.
- She is good in quick trades where she can hit her passive and back off
- If you pull her when her Q is on cooldown, she's probably dead
- Her W can counter your skills, so try not to be obvious
- She has super long cooldowns that you need to abuse.
- She ramps up as the game goes on.
- Don't let him bait your Q with his troll pole or else he could actually kill you
- Engage him when his E / pole is down and he can't really escape
- He has a long auto range and can go through minions, try not to let him poke you for free with his autos
- Q whenever he tries to get a minion
- When he goes in on you, it's often good to start with W instead of using the auto W combo because he with usually jump away before you could land both
- You can't pull him out of his pole
- Don't engage with pull since he can just hop away, either engage when its down or leave your pull for when he tries to run
- He can only really win if he baits your spells, if you avoid them smartly you win easy
- Try not to fight when your ult is down since if he has his ult he will kill you
- He's not a big team fight threat like he used to be
- Try to keep damage on him so he can't sustain with his passive
- If he lands all of his stuff, he's better 1v1.
- You are better lv1-2, but he ramps up after lv3-4.
- When he goes to Q you, make sure you Q and then auto + W if he gets to close.
- His ult does a lot of magic damage, so be careful getting low
- You are better than him later on and in team fights usually
- Early isn't a bad idea since it'll allow you to escape him and negate some of his damage.
- He is really easy to cheese early on 1-3
- You have to be super aggressive with attacking and pulling him or else he will just poke you all game.
- Even when he gets tanky, your ult destroys him fully stacked
- You can pull him out of any of his jumps.
- At full health, you can usually even kill mega Gnar without much problems
- Be careful because his transformation actually heals him
- He will always try to ult you into walls
- If she starts E, then it's kinda hard to kill her, but if she starts something else she's easy to kill. She ramps up as the game goes on so try to kill her early on.
- When she dashes to a minion, harass her with Q. A good irelia will probably stun you after dashing to a minion.
- If she kills you, then the lane is pretty much hers for the game
- Consider for her stun / slow.
- Her lv6 burst is insanely high.
- Try not to fight her when she puts her active W on.
- You really need to be tanky in order to fight her later on
- Try to peel her off your carries with E
- She can chase you very well.
- You should be able to 1v1 her when you both have items.
- Be more aggressive lv1 and go for extended trades. Jarvan wins if you go for very short trades
- Jarvan's Q will lower you defense making his passive do a lot more damage
- He can get you ganked fairly easy with his flag knockup
- Run in zig zags and move while attacking him to avoid his spells and knock up.
- You have an easier time land spells than he does
- Jarvan does all of his damage in bursts (especially his passive) while you do more damage with extended trades / hemorrhage stacks.
- You can pull Jarvan out of his flag dash.
- Jarvan has enough mobility to burst you down from a distance if you're low
- She can kite you to death if you miss your pull
- Her auto range isn't that long and you should be able to grab and kill her
- Her ult is only useful when her support is around
- Movement speed makes fighting her much easier
- If shes really fed she becomes a nightmare to deal with
- Don't let her land too many of her spears in you
- He does a lot more damage when you're isolated
- You are much better early on so try to trade autos and get a lv 1-3 kill
- Q him whenever he tries to farm
- His W gives him decent sustain and last hitting, but it'll waste his mana pool
- His jump is really small early on, and you can try to time it to pull him out
- Your burst is much better than his
- Consider if he tries to use R to escape you
- Peel him from your carries because he can kill them really easily
- You need some form of defensive items or he can stalk you for unexpected kills
- He if a short range ADC, so you can pull him easily
- Land your W on him so he can't run efficiently from you
- He can be blown up really easy
- Hide somewhere and just try to blow him up
- If your pull is down, he will kite you really badly
- A support will usually use CC on you or so keep that in mind before going for him
- If he has no peel then he is really easy to kill
- Use a / to camp a red buff for him
- Keep in mind lulu has a ton of CC and mobility she can use to shut you down
- If you don't kill her early, she'll kite you with her spells
- You have a hard time bursting her unless she is low on mana
- She has really good auto attacks
- Can go AD or AP so build accordingly
- Don't rush a unless you are beating her
- and other cc reduction is a must
- Fight her when her spells are on cooldown, but keep in mind it's a short window
- her ult is pretty low cooldown
- Her stun hits two minions so hiding behind one isn't always effective
- Her slow + stun makes it hard for you to reach her, but shes fairly easy to kill if she misses
- It's really hard to reach her in team fights since you basically have to run head on into her.
- Use flash to hop over her stun / engage her
- She's hardly ever in your pull range
- She makes it hard for you to push.
- She can ult you if your facing someone in lane from long range.
- It's usually better to focus on fighting someone else in a team fight
- Consider in lane to negate his attack speed and movement reduction.
- Watch if he's getting early AP because it might warrant you buying
- If he missed his ground slam, poke him pretty hard, but if he lands it your autos will be garbage
- Your W will reset an auto attack even when he ground pounds you.
- He's really easy to all in pre6
- He naturally pushes the lane with his spells, and if he overextends it'd be easy to kill him.
- He becomes super tanky and hard to kill later.
- In order to fight him efficently mid-late game, you will need to be tanky.
- You win short and extended trades
- If he tries to use his W to heal himself, just use your E and pull him out of it.
- Your true damage ult goes through his heals defense
- Don't let him harass you for free with his Q.
- Stand in front of his minions and dare him to CS.
- Don't push too hard or you'll get ganked.
- Pull him off carries in team fights
- If he is a jungler, you can oftentimes blow him up fast if he's ganking you on half hp
- He is really good at split push, but really bad at fighting people like you
- His ult will negate your movement speed buff on W
- He is a bad person to feed and can be considered a hyper carry when fed
- Keep in mind his W gives defense and will make your abilities do less
- levels 1-5 he sucks really bad and you can bully him nonstop
- Don't push the wave, just deny and abuse him every time he tries to last hit with Q auto + W combo
- If he's behind, then he becomes garbage later on
- He will farm all game and own your team if you let him
- If you're overextending, it's really easy for him to get you ganked
- His wither (W) really wrecks you later on and stops your damage
- He is much better than you are if you let him farm
- He will eventually get super tanky and his wither will prevent you from killing him
- is mandatory for his slow
- His E circle lowers your defense so try not to fight him in it
- Calculate his ult before going all in on him because it gives him a nice amount of health
- His passive lifesteal makes him almost unmoveable in lane if you haven't gained a big lead
- He may get super tanky, but your ult does try damage, so land all of your hemorrhage stacks
- Consider teleport if you want to counter his ganks or roam in this match up. If you can't kill him, you might as well do something else
- His passive heals him for a decent amount and is AOE
- Try not to let him engage fights since he will start with a shield and usually negate your Q or R. Always try to land your Q before the fight starts and R after he uses shield
- He is much easier to deal with when his shield or fear is on cooldown
- If he spells shields one of your damage skills, it usually means he wins the fight / trade.
- His fear can really hurt you, and there's not much point running if he puts it on you since he'll be able to catch you. I suggest being aggressive when he fears you and goes to trade
- Try not to push too hard since he can get you killed by a gank very easy.
- If you're getting ganked and have to fight, it's usually a better idea to hit the jungle since he can't negate your damage
- He is good at setting up ganks and chasing
- Focus more on landing a max range Q rather than on auto attacks since a good panth can negate a lot of damage in short trades
- He has an instant crit with his autos AND spear toss if you are below 15% max health.
- You usually can win a lv1 cheese if you play it right
- Don't let him poke you with spears all day
- You probably want to go tanky early rather than focusing on damage
- His shield refreshes when he uses W
- He is decent at diving with his shield
- You can pull him out of his ult
- He falls off pretty hard late game + you scale better
- Ping a lot so he doesn't get cheap ganks
- TRY TO KILL HIM EARLY. If he will trade autos with you at lv1, then let him, you will come out on top and have the potential to kill him.
- Try to stop him from getting fury
- Renekton in general has skills similar to yours with better sustain, no mana, and more mobility. You have a lot more damage, but he can sustain it and escape it.
- ATTACK HIM WHEN HIS COOLDOWNS ARE DOWN. If you pull him, he can stun you and E away. You really don't want to push this guy in, he can stun you and get you ganked easy.
- BEWARE of his fury, don't engage him when its up or he'll easily win
- His ult gives his skills higher range
- It is easy for him to stun you for ganks, so try not to overextend
- Consider because it will negate her ult. If Riven is ahead of you, she will all in you the second she sees you all the time.
- She snowballs super hard, so try not to die
- She is really strong lv3 and can kill you if she shields your q
- Consider and / if you're losing and you'll be able to kill her eventually.
- Her power spike is better than yours at 6.
- If she's good, she will try to shield your Q, if she's bad, she will miss it and you'll get the damage off.
- When you go all in on her, make sure you have enough damage to kill her and her shield.
- If you're spells are on cooldown, a good riven will immediately go all in and try to kill you
- Try not to go for all in trades when your ult is down
- IN ORDER TO WIN, YOU NEED TO PAY ATTENTION TO COOLDOWNS. She is really hard to kill if all of her skills are up. Don't pull unless two of her skills are on cooldown, or else she will stun and dash away.
- If she has no spells up, you can literally burst her to death in seconds.
- GET LV6 FIRST OR SHE WILL ALL IN AND KILL YOU. If she get's lv6, chill out till her ults down.
- Walking towards her will usually bait her to use skills.
After Ryze's buff, he has become really hard to deal with. Hide behind minions to avoid getting hit by his Q, and NEVER ENGAGE HIM WHEN HIS SHIELD IS GOING TO BE UP. That thing will ruin any kind of trade you plan on having and will allow him to make an attempt at killing you.
- You can cheese him pretty easy lv1-3, so be very aggressive, unless he starts and gets 900 health.
- Try not to let him land his vorpal blade on you without some form of retaliation
- His shield can be deceptive, so factor that into all in trades
- Keep an eye on his energy and engage when it's low
- You can pull him out of his ult
- You can pull him if he tries to escape with his taunt
- Your true damage does a lot even if he gets tanky
- Try not to push too hard or else he'll get you ganked.
- Consider so you can counter his ganks
- She can only win trades if she lands her fireball on you.
- If she misses her fireball on you, just go all in and beat her.
- She has no real escape except her ultimate.
- If she lands fireball on you, Q and back off.
- Watch what she builds, if she goes tanky, you should go tanky if even. If she goes damage, then she's pretty much going to lose.
- makes it pretty easy to win this lane and kill her.
- Don't try to kill him lv1 if he has blind, it'll be too hard. Lv2 you should be able to pull him in and wreck.
- Getting merc treads lowers the blind time.
- Bushes are your friend against a Teemo. You can hide in them, and secretly make a pull for Teemo. Your w will slow him down so that you can chase for a bit.
- IF HE EVER RANDOMLY THROWS OUT HIS Q, TRY TO KILL HIM. Without his blind, he can't really stop you from killing him.
- His blind doesn't do anything to your QR.
- Make sure he doesn't get free harass on you and you should eventually be able to kill him.
- If you can't kill him early, just be passive till 6 and go all in on him. Even without offensive items, you should be able to kill Teemo at lv6 pretty easily with your spells and hemorrhage stacks.
- She has a jump and ult that can easily get away from you, so it's probably better to focus on killing other people
- It'll be hard to reach her, but you can zone her from the team fight
- You can pull her out of her jump
- Even without peel, she is hard for you to deal with
- If she wastes her jump to chase someone, she is very vulnerable, but keep in mind it refreshes on kills / assist.
- Watch out for his Q, because it lowers your ad and gives it to him. Make sure to land your decimate (Q) on him so it does full damage
- He is easy to kill lv1-3 if you land all hemorrhage stacks
- Don't overextend because his pillar makes it hard for you to escape
- He eventually becomes tanky so consider buying armor penetration
- Try not to fight him when he ults you, it gives him a major advantage
- If he gets ahead, he becomes really hard to deal with
- He is much better in team fights than he is 1v1
- He can actually kill you at lv1 if you're not careful.
- You have to be very aggressive to beat a tryn.
- Your W will lower his attack speed and your E can grab him out of his dash. IF YOU CAN TIME YOUR E TO GRAB HIM OUT OF HIS SPIN HE'S SUPER EASY TO KILL.
- He is a late game ultra carry that can dump on you if he gets ahead.
- Try not to fight him when he has high fury, and try to prevent him from farming by Auto + w combo followed by Q when he gets close. At lv6, be careful of his ult.
- If he's not paying attention, your ult can sometimes kill him because he has time to react.
- Even if he's behind, still consider getting defense items.
- At lower levels, he has fairly insignificant sustain and you are able to easily take him out.
- makes it very hard for him to go all in on you.
- When you pull him, get your W off before he pools. Ideally, you want to save your pull for after his pull though.
- Go all in on him when his pool is on cooldown.
- Don't let him poke you or he's going to win
- Early and make it easy to stick to him.
- He has a ton of range and a stun making him hard to reach
- If you do reach him, he's pretty easy to kill.
- He usually doesn't have anyone peeling him
- He can stop teams from pushing really effectively
- Probably better to focus someone else in a team fight
- His ult is good for trying to kill low health targets
- Run in irregular patterns to avoid his ult, not just one direction
- Try not to get poked for free by his q
- Don't waste your Q on his shield, try to pop it before hand
- You want to force all in trades as often as possible
- A good yaso will never trade autos with you, or he loses
- If he ults you, you usually have enough damage to burst him if you have full HP
- If he has no minions, then he can't really escape you
- Consider early and to catch him
- You can tower dive him if he's below half health pretty easy as long as he doesn't knock you up
How To Win More Games Back to Top
Tips To Gaining Elo
- Don't play when you're tired. As much as you want to play at night, your reaction time slows down and you end up playing worse. I lose most of my games at night.
- Upgrade at lv 9. Having extra wards on the map can actually win the game. For 250g you get a sightstone that'll help you throughout the entire game.
- Watch professional players play, and steal their tricks / read guides. There's a reason why children of famous athletes oftentimes become famous athletes themselves, the influence of having a great role model. Don't "figure out" how to play league of legends by trial and error, watch how diamond players handle their business on YouTube or some other site.
- Play Character's that you're good at ranked. If you love playing Vayne, but you hardly ever win, consider playing someone else. You might have more fun with a certain champ, but it's also no fun rotting in low elo. CHECK YOUR WIN RATES.
- Try to avoid really difficult champs ranked unless you really know how to play them. I know that are really fun characters, but they are really bad for gaining elo most of the time. I have seen people maining these champs ranked with over a hundred games, and a win rate of like 45%. I sometimes dodge games just because I have one of these champs on my team. If you really want to rank up, use characters that you can win and play well with!
- Team fight and push, especially when you're ahead. I hate playing on a smurf in low elo because NO ONE GROUPS. GROUP UP AND PUSH. The easiest and fastest games you'll ever play are the ones when your team comes together to fight and push. You should only avoid grouping up if the enemy team is also grouping and is stronger than you. Don't go back to lane when you kill someone, take the tower or help someone else!
- Use pings and communicate with your team. "Darius, your laner ganked me" "Use your map idiot." Stop that nonsense and get some manners. IF YOU WANT YOUR TEAM TO PERFORM BETTER THEN USE PINGS AND COMMUNICATE. If someone is about to get ganked, if you want to get a tower, if you want a gank, if your laner is missing, just ping!!!
- Ward. Upgrade your ward item for 250g and have the equivalent of a sightstone. If your team has no ward coverage, then you can assume the game is lost / almost impossible to win. I have honestly won certain games by just warding.
- Don't blame people for your mistakes!!! EVERYONE makes mistakes! Your teams are not the reason why you are at a low elo, it's because you need to get a little better. As long as you win MOST 50%+ of your games, you will raise in the ladder. you can't win every single game, but you can win most of them.
- Don't fight, criticize, or complain about your team. Stop telling them how to play and what to build, save that for post game. Your team sucks, no one cares, and you're making them suck even more by mentioning it. I have lost so many easy games because people fail to get along with each other. DON'T GO AFK OR JUST NEVER GROUP IF YOU'RE MAD AT YOUR TEAM. YOU WILL NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN AND YOU ONLY END UP HURTING YOURSELF AND YOUR ELO.
- MUTE toxic people, and ones who make you angry. Whenever I see that I don't get along with some snarky team member, I just instantly mute them. You can't argue with someone who is muted. Press TAB and click on the mute icon by their name. Not only am I a happier player, I actually end up being a better one.
- Don't play with your friends ranked unless they are a smurf. I ONLY got to plat when I stopped playing with my friends. Playing with your friends makes the competition even more difficult. I know you love them, but they are no good for your elo, and oftentimes they are not better than an increased competition.
- Leave Ranked Games if your team seems trolly. Support and jungle who has a 30% win rate? Just leave. From what I've seen, your MMR won't actually go down and you'll only lose a few lp for leaving (unless you leave multiple games consecutively). We play to have fun, and it's no fun playing matches with trolls. Don't be tenacious, leave when it's obvious that you should and you'll never regret it.
- Don' t take league too seriously. You will most likely not be an LCS player who makes money from video games, I'm sorry, the chances are the same as playing the lottery. Play league for fun and enjoy what you do!
What To Expect: Pros and Cons For Darius Back to Top
- One of the strongest lv1's in the game.
- If he's ahead in lane, then he becomes almost impossible to deal with or even gank
- Bleed does massive magic damage while scaling with AD
- True damage and reusable ult
- A good pull that can really change fights
- Really easy wave clear and split pushing
- Has the ability to kill people in seconds
- One of the best all in champs at the moment
- He can be really tanky and still kill people
- Able to duel almost anyone late game if built correctly
- Not popular right now, so he will probably not get nerfed or played a lot. Meaning, you can use him VERY often as compared to other popular top laners.
- People oftentimes underestimate his damage and have a hard time figuring out how to play against him.
- Has no escapes and low mobility making it hard for him to be apart of team fights or catch people
- CC makes it hard for him to be effective
- Struggles against long range champions
- High E cooldown at lower levels
- Has to play super aggressive to be effective
- Can't carry hard late game like other champs
- When he's behind, it can be really hard to be effective.
How To Compensate For Cons
- Movement speed and boot upgrades make it much easier for him to catch / kill people
- allows him to stick on people really well
- Cooldown reduction allows him to pull much more often
- are really needed to bypass a lot of CC
- GOOD positioning really lets Darius shine (sneaking up on people, catching people out, hiding in bushes.)
When To Play Darius Back to Top
Should You Always Pick Darius?
When To Pick Darius...
- The enemy team has melee range characters that lack escape potential
- Short Range Mages / Adc that you can grab
- Champs that you can blow up easily
When Not To Pick Darius...
Introduction To Trading Back to Top
What Is Trading?
What Is The Purpose Of Trading?
What Are The Different Types Of Tradings?
Trading As Darius Back to Top
- Use your Q to harass people who go for minion kills. The moment a melee champion goes to auto attack a minion, Darius can swipe his axe and do a lot of free damage.
- Your W resets your auto attacks, so to combo do the following. Autoattack and then W right after. This is double the damage, so make sure to always auto before using W.
- Hide in bushes if you take minion agro. When you harass someone, the minions will jump to their defense. If you don't plan on going all in, go in the bushes to avoid taking free damage. Minion agro can make a lot of trades not worth it.
- Try to land as many stacks of hemorrhage on an opponent as possible. The magic damage makes Darius' trading a lot stronger than other champs at low levels. Most people are naive enough to trade a couple of autos with Darius.
- If someone won't let you get near them, chase them away from minions so they avoid exp and gold. If someone is dead set on not getting harassed, then let them pay the price of missing farm.
- When someone tries to end a trade with Darius, he can just pull them back and keep attacking them. For this reason, if possible, try not to engage fights with your E, but rather use it as a tool when people try to run.
- Items like make early all in trades easier. Having extra health makes it difficult for someone to burst you, so if you're struggling vs or something, extra blades will allow you to succeed.
- If someone can kill you all in, then you should never put yourself in their reach. Darius has no form of escape, and if he gets behind, opponents can just repeatedly stomp you if you go out in the open. Darius is only good if he's strong enough to keep his opponents away from him.
Team Fighting As Darius Back to Top
Darius's Job In Team FIghts.
- Pull high priority targets and try to burst them down. If you can prematurely kill an adc / apc, the team fights can oftentimes be instantly won.
- Peel for your carries. Darius does a lot of damage, but oftentimes saving a carry makes it easier to win a fight. You can peel with your w to slow auto attacking champs and pull with your E to save your carries from assassins like . Oftentimes, pulling someone equates to instant death for the enemy.
- Acting like a carry. If you end up being fed and doing more damage than your carries you might want to just consider focusing on dealing damage. This happens in mid game, but not so much late game.
- Ulting tanky champions. With five hemorrhage stacks, you can deal a ton of damage and literally smash tanks out of commission with your true damage.
What To Avoid In Team Fighting
- Don't go for targets you can't reach. It's good to burst down carries, but if you can't reach them, you'll end up getting killed for no reason. Attack people who are in your range and don't be risky unless flash is up
- Don't blow your pull early. Your pull is one of the scariest skills in the game, so if the enemy team sees it's down, they would probably be able to land free poke or engage a team fight to their advantage. It's the same concept as pull being down. When it's down, you lose a lot of pressure
- Don't fight when your team is far away, retreating, or not paying attention. There's no point landing a clutch flash pull on a carry when your team is too far to follow up. You need to be aware of where your team is and what their doing before engaging a fight
- Don't focus the wrong champs. It's true that Darius can do a lot of true damage to a tank, but it's usually better to focus on killing someone whose going for your carries like . Saving your carries is much more important than killing a tank.
Mistakes To Avoid As Darius Back to Top
What To Avoid Doing
- Don't waste your pull. If an enemy sees that your pull is down, they can usually poke you much easier without immediate fear of retaliation. Your pull cooldown is also very long at lower levels making it really important to land.
- Don't be reckless with flash. A flash Q + Ult under a turret might just kill an enemy, but oftentimes it can easily kill you. If the enemy has flash, you can probably expect them to bust it if you do. Darius has no forms of escape, so if you waste your flash trying to be get a kill, it leaves you very vulnerable for counter play, tower hits, and getting ganked.
- Don't encourage fights you can't win. If your team is awful at team fighting, or your enemy laner is beating you, then back off. It's pointless to keep engaging a fed when they can obviously kill you. If your team comp keeps getting wrecked, 5v5 then communicate a better strat for split pushing.
- Don't go back to base too often. I know it's nice to get a kill and want to get an item, but sometimes you'll end up losing more a lot of farm to just gain a little power spike. Darius has no mobility, and if you don't take you'll spend a lot of time walking.
- Don't underestimate a support. I know you can one shot the adc, but not when the support and CC's you. I've died many a times being greedy and engaging a support + adc. A support makes it harder to 2v1 anyone because of their damage reduction and CC
Top Lane Tricks Back to Top
What To Do If You're Being Denied Cs / Have A Huge minion wave?
- Try to get the wave to the enemies tower so you don't keep losing cs / exp
- If there's a huge wave at the enemies tower, and it's possible to go kill for kill, then DO IT. You both get gold from the kill, but the enemy will lose a TON of exp / cs to the tower. DO NOT ATTEMPT IF IT'S RISKY. Champions like can bait you to dive them and get a free kill. You are very good at diving if you have jungle help.
- Don't loiter around the enemy tower unless you can 2v1 a gank or if you have decent ward coverage and CAN escape a gank.
- Keep in mind that your minions will come to your defense if someone tries to attack you making extended trades great.
- Go to your jungle and kill Grog / Golems / Snail. This lessens the blow of being denied a little bit
- Gank another lane if it's possible / push another lane to it's tower and try to take it
What To Do If The Enemy Has A Huge Minion Wave Pushing?
- Let the enemy minions kill your minions, and then keep the agro on yourself until your minions spawn again.
- Be careful engaging since all of the minions will turn and attack you
- Keep the wave by your tower so the enemy has to put himself in harms way to try and farm
- DO NOT DIE OR TRADE KILLS OR ELSE YOU WILL LOSE ALL OF THE EXP / GOLD
- Ward your top bush because an enemy jungler could be lurking there for a kill
- Ask for a gank if the enemy top is silly enough to stay around too long
- Pull the enemy into tower range so that they can't retaliate without the tower hitting them.
How To Handle Jungle / Mid Ganks Back to Top
Getting killed early can easily cost you a lane, so you need to be very careful on how to handle being ganked.
- If you like to push, consider putting a in your bush to ward away ganks
- Keep in mind where the enemy jungle starts. If his last blue / red buff ends by top lane, then it's pretty likely he'll visit you if you're pushing hard.
- Look at who the jungle is. aren't the best early gankers, and sometimes you can even kill them before a 2v1 happens depending on how low their hp is. If there's a then you need to be much more careful since these guys can do lv2 ganks after one buff. The more CC and mobility the jungle has, the scarier they are.
- Certain mid champs also like to snowball other lanes, so make sure to look mid lane every once in awhile to make sure their not roaming.
- Be much more careful if your is down since it'll be more difficult to escape ganks.
- Don't stay overextended for long periods of time. You can get away with this if the enemy jungler is not really good or if you're super ahead, but generally this is an easy way to die.
- If there's a very little chance of you escaping, don't bust or other spells needlessly.
- If you can't escape, you might as well try to kill someone or lower their hp. Focus whoever has the lower hp / easiest to kill. Don't bust unless there's a good chance to kill someone
- If you're going to die, try not to die to your laner. The more gold they have, the easier it'll be for them to get ahead of you in lane.
- If no one has damaged you, sometimes you can suicide into a tower and give no one the gold. Darius usually doesn't have the mobility for this though.
- You can camp the bushes and ambush a jungler whose trying to gank you.
- If you can't run away, run towards whoever will be easier to kill and engage them.
- If a jungler and top laner are pushing with a lot of minions, don't stay if they can kill you. It sucks to lose a lot of minions, but it sucks more to die and lose minions.
Tricks To Use As Darius Back to Top
- You can pull people out of teleports, jumps, ultimates and dashes. Examples include. You can't do it for EVERYTHING though such as a ult or certain untargetable spells like a .
- When someone is not suspecting, flash pull can net you some really easy kills and win team fights.
- You can Q people who are invisible
- You can hide in a bush or enemy jungle and Q, auto + W and R + active. This will instantly kill a lot of squishy champs. makes this easier to do
- Act like you're running away and quickly turn around and pull. People fall for this ALL the time, especially if you have higher movement speed.
Game Phases Back to Top
IF YOU ARE LOSING just build health items. I would even recommend skipping since it will push your lane and make you vulnerable. The further you are in a lane, the easier it is for them to gank you.
- You win early game unless you feed or are facing .
- Make sure your lv6 burst is stronger than your enemies before trying to engage at 6. Ex, is stronger lv6 than you.
- If you get really ahead, you can win 2v1's pretty easy.
- You need to get an advantage now vs some champs or else they will start bullying you mid game .
If you're behind at this point, just make sure that the enemy top laner isn't pushing your lane too far, and focus on being a tank / peel in team fights. You are really strong at this point and can probably kill anyone if you engage them correctly, unless they are super tanky.
- You will be able to one shot people if you do it correctly
- You can oftentimes 2v1 people if they have no hard cc.
- A preemptive pull on a high priority target will win a team fight
- You can sometimes dive both adc and support.
- Your true damage is really high with stacks
- It will be really difficult to dive ADCs.
- You can't burst people that well, but you are still decent at dueling
- You need high CDR so that you can spam your spells and CC
- Peeling for your carries is very important at this stage
- Don't suicide yourself to stop dragon or baron, you'll often just screw the game over even more.
- Make sure you get and ward often.
Other Guides Back to Top
Thank You For Reading! Please Comment! Back to Top
I appreciate anyone who took the time to read my guide and I really hope it's helped someone! Leave comments to tell me how to improve or what else you want to see! Leave comments and rate me if you got time!