- Summoner Spells
- New Runes
- Champion Matchups
- 6.4 GP Changes?
- Why Mid over Top?
- Mindset and Game Plan
- Pros and Cons
- The Importance of Crit Chance
- The importance of Cooldowns
- Power Spikes?
- Bandit Mastery and Laning
- Grasp or Thunderlords?
- STOP BUILDING ESSENCE REAVER!
- Laning with Gangplank (Backing, ect)
- Laning against Ranged or Melee?
- Early / Mid / Late game + Split
- Team Fighting
- Oranges! The Ultimate Removal Guide (WIP)
- About me (My stream and other information)
- Change Log
- X Champion input? (WIP)
[6.8 Updated] - #1 GP NA - NA GONG SHOW / Plankgang / Tobias Fate
Summoner Spells Back to Top
New Runes Back to Top
Masteries Back to Top
Abilities Back to Top
Items Back to Top
Matchups Back to Top
6.4 GP Changes? Back to Top
So, what happened to GANGPLANK?
The Recharge Rate:
Introduction! Back to Top
I put a lot of time into the one champion I play, so hopefully you can learn a thing or two from me and my guide!
Why Mid over Top? Back to Top
Mindset and Game Plan Back to Top
In time, I will win.
Play safely and farm up
Assist your team with your global ultimate
Scale into that classic perma-ban champion and crush
Pros and Cons Back to Top
- Gets increasingly strong as the game progresses, turning into a monster once level 13+
- You scale better than 90% of the game, making it almost a free win if you can hit Mid-Late game without being too far behind
- Easily one of the best AoE damage dealers and team fighters, IN THE GAME
- You are a pirate
- Weak early game that can easily be taken advantage of
- Takes awhile to scale, meaning teams that control the game early generally beat you
- You have no hard CC, making all-ins by other champions something you can't really stop
- You're always banned, making this champion sometimes un-playble
Barrels! Back to Top
The Importance of Crit Chance Back to Top
The importance of Cooldowns Back to Top
Cooldowns and GP go hand in hand, which is why I run 20% CDR in my runes and rush Ionian + Sheen and have the Intelligence Mastery.
Power Spikes? Back to Top
Death's Daughter (Ultimate Upgrade)
Bandit Mastery and Laning Back to Top
Before we get into how to lane with Gangplank Mid, I have to mention an amazing Mastery that is certainly a little too strong when it comes to your kit:
Bandit gives you 1 Gold per missed minion, and 10 Gold if hitting an enemy champion with a melee basic attack (3 Gold for a ranged attack) and has a cooldown of 5 seconds.
So, in conclusion...
Grasp or Thunderlords? Back to Top
As I know everyone loves their Grasp of the Undying on Gangplank as it works with his Q, it's sometimes not even worth it.
STOP BUILDING ESSENCE REAVER! Back to Top
Isn't worth it on Gangplank
Laning with Gangplank (Backing, ect) Back to Top
Laning with Gangplank is quite simple, especially Mid.
When to back?
1st back - 1575 Gold
2nd back? Ect
Laning against Ranged or Melee? Back to Top
Abilites (Levels 1-3)
Things to remember against Ranged
- A lot of the ranged matchups are decided upon how many skill-shots you can dodge. Being able to avoid most = a winning lane. Getting hit by a lot stunts your first back, and ultimately means you lose lane
- Since you can't use your (Passive) to harass your opponent in a ranged matchup, I suggest just using it to farm or avoid skill-shots by proccing the on-hit movement speed boost on minions. You can also make use of this by proccing the movement speed on a minion, then chasing down your lane opponent for a (Q)
- Use (Q) to last hit as best as possible for more Gold income, but also, when your Mastery Bandit isn't on Cooldown, poke your lane opponent once with (Q) to get even more Gold (Keep doing this whenever it's available)
- Use (E) defensively, to relieve pressure. Always have them around or behind you, to lead into pushing or over-extended targets. You can play more aggressively later on with these once you have some more damage.
Things to remember against Melee
- Using your passive on the enemy champion is an easy way to win trades, especially when followed up by some other source of damage, like an Q or E
- You're a melee champion with a lot of ranged damage, meaning in most situations, you should be coming out with the win in a lot of melee matchups during the early phases of laning.
- Using your Kegs offensively instead of defensively is advised, as you can deny the enemy opponent a lot in lane by placing them a long the wave after having them poked out from a distance with Q.
Early / Mid / Late game + Split Back to Top
Should I split push as ?
Team Fighting Back to Top
Team fighting as
1. Barrels are everything
2. Position accordingly to the enemies team composition
Oranges! The Ultimate Removal Guide (WIP) Back to Top
This section is currently being worked on, and is on the way.
About me (My stream and other information) Back to Top
Change Log Back to Top
Entire new sections that I add will be noted, and anything else that I feel is a big change for any previous written stuff will also go here as well.